cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to android not transmitting

chris_p17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For some reason my texts (iPhone) to a long distance number (android) are not getting through. Any help would be appreciated. 

25 REPLIES 25

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can also check this out:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6750172

chris_p17

No. Nor did I ask why. It just seems that it was something within the technical details in my account. Thank you, be well.  

Excellent @chris_p17 

Unless they provided some reassurance that it was rectified on their end, did they offer any advice on preventing it from recurring so you don't have to deal with it in future?

Hope all goes well.

chris_p17

Thank you all for offering advice. It turned out to be a glitch in my account that was fixed quite quickly by a Mod. 

[OK; self help beats Community sometimes ..... Luddite]

@HALIMACS you're a good man, Charlie Brown.  👌💙🌹

@RosieR wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@dlambro .....   that copied/pasted post & thread looks familiar.    Hmmmm?

LOL   🤣

Hi @HALIMACS don't be too polite.  If that post was copied and pasted from your post, credit should be given where credit is due.  It should at least give the link to your post, AND should be in between quotes or italicized.

It's OK, @RosieR 

Yup, @dlambro referenced the thread in a prior post, then copied/pasted my post from that prior thread - but I'm not too bothered by that.  As long as it helps out @chris_p17 , that's totally fine.

I think we can all lean on others for support and information.    Heck, it's all we got these days, right?

Cheers

chris_p17

Nope. Just in Canada. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

LOL   🤣

Hi @HALIMACS don't be too polite.  If that post was copied and pasted from your post, credit should be given where credit is due.  It should at least give the link to your post, AND should be in between quotes or italicized.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chris_p17 

Where are you trying to text?  Is it the U.K?  There was a previous post about someone having trouble sending SMS from an iPhone to Android device in the U.K.  Maybe it's the same issue?

LOL   🤣

dlambro

Something from a previous post on texting with Androids:

@rbrisbin 

I, too, had the same issue with another Android user.

I went into chat messaging option and turned off Chat messages.  So did the other user.  This fixed it for us.

Go under Messaging app, click 3 little dots top right, select Settings, under Chat settings, should see "Select default messaging type", and toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msgs.  (it was probably on "Chat messages")

dlambro

There was a previous post on this issue, something about shutting off Chat on Android, see this link:

productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Re-texting/m-p/653972#M130294

chris_p17

just tried that. Thanks. Didn’t work. I’ve learned that I’ve missed a few sms messages over the past few weeks. I e created a ticket. Thanks for your advice. 

@chris_p17 wrote:

I can make phone calls and my plan is Active. 

I can send iMessages even without WiFi. 

I’m at a loss here. Thanks for trying. 

Can you try manually putting in the number to text your friend. Make sure to put the 1 in front.

chris_p17

I can make phone calls and my plan is Active. 

I can send iMessages even without WiFi. 

I’m at a loss here. Thanks for trying. 

@chris_p17 

Are you able to make and receive phone calls?   Is your service showing "Active" under self serve?

Could it be that you're only able to iMessage as that only requires a Wi-Fi connection to send and receive to OTHERS who utilize iMessage?

If your service is NOT active, sounds like the same issue as last month - make payment and tap reactivate.

chris_p17

Nope. Same phone I was using. I made a post about having to renew my account in Jan for some reason. I believe I’m still on the same one though. 

chris_p17

I had an issue with my account in January and had to renew for some reason. I don’t know if that has affected this in any way. 

is your iPhone new?

did  you ever able to text him before and just stopped lately?

Make sure have your friend to check he didn't block your number by accident

chris_p17

I’ve gone through mine and they seem ok. I want to test it out with another android phone but I don’t know anyone that has one. Haha. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chris_p17 :Must be settings issue between both of one your phones...

chris_p17

Nope. He’s always been android and my texts were going through up until recently. Weird. 

chris_p17

I appreciate your response. Went through all that and nothing. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

did your Android friend just switched from iPhone to Android?  

It is possible vven after your friend leave iPhone, his/her phone number will still be in Apple’s system and registered with iMessage. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@chris_p17 

Is it possible you're sending them as iMessage and the receiver doesn't have that enabled on their end given they are using Android?

Try sending as SMS.

Also, ensure the receiver has unlimited incoming texting.  (which they probably do...)

Need Help? Let's chat.