cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: texting

rbrisbin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday, out if the blue, I could not send it receive SMS messages from my brother without having data or wifi on, but I can text other numbers?

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

@rbrisbin 

I, too, had the same issue with another Android user.

I went into chat messaging option and turned off Chat messages.  So did the other user.  This fixed it for us.

Go under Messaging app, click 3 little dots top right, select Settings, under Chat settings, should see "Select default messaging type", and toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msgs.  (it was probably on "Chat messages")

rbrisbin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We both have androids, and the weird thing is I can text everybody else, just not him, and he texts everyone like normal, I just don't get his until I turn my data on

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rbrisbin 

If you are using an Android phone and your brother is using an iPhone OR vice versa, configure the iPhone iMessage as follows:

Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you use an iPhone ?

Most iPhone users have iMessage enabled, but may have turned off SMS support. Open the Settings app and go to “Message” Locate the switch for “Send as SMS” and turn this to the ON position (if send as SMS is already on, try turning it off for about 10 seconds and then turn it back on again) Return to Messages and try sending the text message again

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rbrisbin wrote:

Yesterday, out if the blue, I could not send it receive SMS messages from my brother without having data or wifi on, but I can text other numbers?

@rbrisbin hi try deleting his contact information and then adding as new again that has worked for me in the past 😁 maybe get him to do the same 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rbrisbin 

@rbrisbin wrote:

Do you or your brother have iPhones?  Sometimes the issues is with iMessage.  iMessage needs either Wifi or data to work.  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.