cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working

MCB77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched over to public mobile last week and now I can not receive nor send texts to most of my contacts.  This includes security codes coming in and my security system communication as well.   Has anybody else had a problem with this.  I do not know what to do.  

15 REPLIES 15

MCB77

In the end it turned out my problem was the migration of my number from my previous provider had issues...Support sent a new migration request and I had to put my old sim card into the phone, have the provider accept the migration request, and then switch the sim  for Publicmobile... Submit a ticket with an agent at the link provided by hTideGnow is    https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sawrie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem... I cannot send texts but everything else works fine... Tried my Sim on 2 other phones and same problem.

MCB77

I did make sure the SMS was enabled.  Thank you so much for the information I will contact the customer service help.

HI @MCB77 

that is a valid assumption.

I think you should submit ticket with agent and ask them to refresh your account on the system:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MCB77

I tried the SIM in another unlocked phone and it still does not work.  I put my daughters SIM in my phone and it works fine.  So it must be a SIM issue not a phone issue. 

@MCB77   Did you make sure SMS is enabled as computergeek suggested?  Apparently sometimes there can be a conflict between RCS and SMS and the phone needs to be set to default to SMS when necessary.  But if it's not that you can contact a customer service agent for help by leaving a private message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You'll need to check your community private message inbox for a reply (envelope icon or click on your avatar and select messages)

MCB77

It is an android phone

MCB77

I have been with public phone for 5 days now.  I can text my daughter but not my son for example.  It is randomly not working with certain contacts.  Short code text doesn't work at all.   

@MCB77    Is it an iPhone using iMessages or an Android phone?

Hi @MCB77 

so, those you cannot send, they are friends? or shortcode?

those you cannot receive, were they shortcode text?  and exactly how many days you have been with Public Mobile?

@MCB77 wrote:

I switched over to public mobile last week and now I can not receive nor send texts to most of my contacts.  This includes security codes coming in and my security system communication as well.   Has anybody else had a problem with this.  I do not know what to do.  

Please ensure that the SMS option is enabled as it is more universally standard accross different devices.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MCB77 

You can also try putting a 1 in front of the phone number.

MCB77

I can send and receive texts with some of my contacts but not all of them.  Phone calls seem to be working fine.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MCB77 

Can you place and receive calls? If problem is only texting try rebooting phone, resetting network settings, reinstall SIM card, clear your cache for your texting app. Also try sim in another unlocked phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MCB77 

you cannot send nor receive? the sending part is important, can you confirm if you can send?

and can you receive phone calls? try and let us know

Need Help? Let's chat.