cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribed but eSim did not install so I purchased a SIM card - how do I get it to work?

TomKnez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.  I recently signed up for a Public Mobile plan and eSim (the eSim was free).  The eSim would not install on my phone so I purchased a Public Mobile SIM card and installed it in my phone.  My account is activated but when I use the Public Mobile app it keeps looking for an eSim.  How do I get the app to stop looking for an eSim and use the Public Mobile SIM card that is in my phone?  I also cannot log in to my Public Mobile account using a computer because Public Mobile sends a code to my phone (which of course is not working) so I cannot enter the code to prove it is me.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

TomKnez

Thanks esjliv.  I have sent a message to CS_Agent.

TomKnez

Thanks for your suggestions softech but the eSim did not install even when I used the QR code from my welcome e-mail.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TomKnez - if your phone is esim compatible then is should work. Ask CSA for help.

Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

If your really want to switch to an esim to physical sim see here:https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TomKnez wrote:

Hello.  I recently signed up for a Public Mobile plan and eSim (the eSim was free).  The eSim would not install on my phone so I purchased a Public Mobile SIM card and installed it in my phone.  My account is activated but when I use the Public Mobile app it keeps looking for an eSim.  How do I get the app to stop looking for an eSim and use the Public Mobile SIM card that is in my phone?  I also cannot log in to my Public Mobile account using a computer because Public Mobile sends a code to my phone (which of course is not working) so I cannot enter the code to prove it is me.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

@TomKnez 

for change to physical sim, you will need to engage support and have them to update the sim number for you:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

But you sure you don't want to give eSIM one more attempt before asking support help to swtich to physical?

there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone , disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physica sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.