cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel, app does not work with my phone.

Now
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I subscribed, the system said the public mobile app would work with my Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. 

It does not. The chat bots are not helpful. The phone software is up to date. The phone is new with 1tb of memory. 

The ticket system will not allow me to send a support ticket.

I am stuck on the "install the app" page, have not gotten a phone number.

Cannot even login to my account to cancel.

Subscribed May 11, still have no service! 

Done with this. Switching to Koodo. Refund me for service you seem unable to provide.

21 REPLIES 21

Now

Well, you know how Apple folks are. 🙂 

I am sure the $1k cash I paid him made a bigger difference in his life, than having another phone. Cost of living in the Vancouver area is among the highest in the world. When someone advertises an expensive item at an amazing price for quick sale, close to month's end...?  Rent is due.  

Good deal for me too, the Samsung website wants $2,279.99 for this phone, and I have not seen any on the phone+service plans that have 1tb of memory. The phone is for my non-profit corp. 

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Now wrote:

Thanks for responding. Yes it says Canada. I logged in with a google account I set up on the desktop in 2014, has  always been Canada. 

Another possibility, as has already been mentioned, you have the International Version of the phone. That may be the reason the app won't install.

Now

I had to click through way too many security warnings, just trying to install the installer, in the end, cancelled the installation.

Not comfortable with installing "unknown origin" third party software on my brand new phone, and especially clicking to allow it.  Thanks anyway. 

Wish this forum was threaded. Finding it hard to follow who is replying to what.  

Now

Thanks for responding. Yes it says Canada. I logged in with a google account I set up on the desktop in 2014, has  always been Canada. 

Joe_G

@Now wrote:

IDK. How can I tell? 

I bought the phone locally. (British Columbia) New, sealed box, off a young man on fb marketplace. He said he had gotten it as a gift but preferred his iphone. It is possible who ever gifted it to him, lives in another country. 

I think it was in USA English which I changed to UK after unpacking,  and then installed Canadian english yesterday? 

I noticed that the clock was set to "network" in China, assumed it is the factory location. 

Model number SM-S928B 

I installed a few apps, like QR code reader. No major changes. 

Googleplay says "this app won't work with your phone." 

Thanks for responding. 

Were you in the UK when you initially set up the phone, or was it perhaps already set up?

As mentioned in another post please check the country of your Google Play Store account. Launch the Google Play Store app and touch your account avatar in the upper right hand corner. Then go to Settings > General >  Account and device preferences. Under "Country and profiles" check to see if the country is set to Canada. If it isn't, see if there is the option to change country and change it to Canada. You have to be in Canada to change it to Canada.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Now - I have listed what you have questioned in bold below:

@Now wrote:

Post included my email address.

At symbol is the only thing resembling html that I could find in the post, nothing was highlighted as an error. Finally deleted the email address completely and then it would send. Now support is writing back to ask my email address. Doh! 

fixin1: I believe it might be an auto mod thing occurring. If it does not want to send, please try it in another way (Like 1234567890 @ gmail. com).

They are also asking for a phone number despite my post saying I did not get a number yet because I am stuck on the app install page. 

fixin1: Say that my S24 Ultra does not seem to let me download the Public Mobile app.

Do they mean, some other number to reach me at? Are they going to want to hijack that number for this phone? Was not clear. 

I am assuming they are trying to access / verify your account as they may think you have the activation error.

However, the copy & paste to notepad thing, is familiar especially pasting from Eudora mail. I am writing this on a desktop, where I spend my days... That was useful, thank you. 

Now

Post included my email address.

At symbol is the only thing resembling html that I could find in the post, nothing was highlighted as an error. Finally deleted the email address completely and then it would send. Now support is writing back to ask my email address. Doh! 

They are also asking for a phone number despite my post saying I did not get a number yet because I am stuck on the app install page. 

Do they mean, some other number to reach me at? Are they going to want to hijack that number for this phone? Was not clear. 

However, the copy & paste to notepad thing, is familiar especially pasting from Eudora mail. I am writing this on a desktop, where I spend my days... That was useful, thank you. 

fixin1

@Phil_Adelphus - Oh, didn't know that, thanks!

@fixin1   Not everyone likes using third party apk - a possibly safer way would be to download the app on another phone to set up the account although that's slightly more complicated if it's esim.

fixin1

@fixin1 wrote:

@Now - Is your S24 in the region of Canada and not any other country? Please try downloading the APK from a third party who extracted the app to .apk here:

https://apkpure.net/public-mobile/com.telus.publicmobile/download

@Now - Have you tried downloading the android xapk from a third party here?

@Now   According to Google SM-S928B is the international/global model.  I wondered the same thing about Google Play country association.  Is it possible that it was set up for Google Play somewhere other than Canada and that was not changed?  If it was in a sealed box how did the previous owner know he preferred his iPhone unless he's all-in for Apple, that's quite a gift to give to someone!

Now

Chatbot also provides urls to support options, eh? Thanks for responding. 

@Now 

have you send a message with PM support yet?  They can help to complete the activation if you got passed the payment step

for the app that does not work, do you have a Google Play account that is tied to another country?  The app is country specified.  Only work with Google account linked to Canada and not other country (so, it is a Google account issue, not your device)

Now

IDK. How can I tell? 

I bought the phone locally. (British Columbia) New, sealed box, off a young man on fb marketplace. He said he had gotten it as a gift but preferred his iphone. It is possible who ever gifted it to him, lives in another country. 

I think it was in USA English which I changed to UK after unpacking,  and then installed Canadian english yesterday? 

I noticed that the clock was set to "network" in China, assumed it is the factory location. 

Model number SM-S928B 

I installed a few apps, like QR code reader. No major changes. 

Googleplay says "this app won't work with your phone." 

Thanks for responding. 

fixin1

@Now - Is your S24 in the region of Canada and not any other country? Please try downloading the APK from a third party who extracted the app to .apk here:

https://apkpure.net/public-mobile/com.telus.publicmobile/download

Joe_G

Is your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra the Canadian model?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM app should work on your phone, definitely. No reason not to... Unless you rooted it or did something on a system level.
Use Revo to remove app. Clear cache, data, etc. and install it again.

You will not get refund as PM being pre-paid service so try to install app and get service running.

If you are definitely pissed off at PM and do not want to have any service from it AND you have been charged for your plan, ask your bank to provide chargeback. Mind you, if you do that PM will ban you for 12 months will not be able to use credit card to pay for service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Now , there is no reason why the app is not compatible with your phone.  The only condition for using the app is the phone must have android 8 or higher installed and your phone definitely meets this requirement.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telus.publicmobile&hl=en_CA

@Now   I'm not sure I follow about removing the at symbol, the private message in the link is pre-addressed to customer support, you just need to type in a title and then your message in the message text box and hit send.  The html thing can be a glitch sometimes, especially if the message includes a link or anything copied and pasted.  The workarounds are to copy it to a note app and then paste it back, or remove anything copied and pasted and type it in directly.

Now

The app does not work on my phone. That is what is, reason or not. Reasons chatbot gave for not working are not valid, as stated previously.

The support form the chatbot sent me to would not allow me to send a ticket, the button was greyed out. 

The support page you sent me to also will not allow me to send a ticket, it is complaining there is html in a message that has no html. I even removed the at symbol from the email address. There are also NO highlighted errors in the message. Yet it still will not send. 

My patience with public mobile has ended. 

Error message from the support page you sent me to:

oh cannot paste it because same error. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Now there is no reason the app does not work on your phone.  Support can actually help to get it sorted out, either complete the activation for you or help you to cancel 

Understand you cannot open ticket using Chatbot, please message support using this link instead

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Need Help? Let's chat.