cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not sending to one number.

cwyndham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've recieved texts from the number, and they can receive texts from other numbers, but my texts do not send to them. I can send/receive texts as normal with other numbers.

Their number was out of service area yesterday and a few days previous, but when arriving back into service, they didn't receive my first text (which contained a url only), they did receive my second text (just "Hello"), and haven't recieved anything else since. But still able to send/receive texts as normal with other numbers.

Just cannot receive texts from my number.

I have, with both phones, restarted, airplane mode on/off, and waited a day, without success. 

Anything else I need to do?

6 REPLIES 6

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@cwyndham  does voice calling work  to that particular number

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cwyndham wrote:

I've recieved texts from the number, and they can receive texts from other numbers, but my texts do not send to them. I can send/receive texts as normal with other numbers.

Their number was out of service area yesterday and a few days previous, but when arriving back into service, they didn't receive my first text (which contained a url only), they did receive my second text (just "Hello"), and haven't recieved anything else since. But still able to send/receive texts as normal with other numbers.

Just cannot receive texts from my number.

I have, with both phones, restarted, airplane mode on/off, and waited a day, without success. 

Anything else I need to do?

Sometimes a text with URL can be considered as SPAM and number blocked. 

Which is probably the case with your first text.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cwyndham  - try performing a reset of your device's network settings.

Try uninstalling the messages app then reinstalling it (if it is not a system app). Clear messaging apps cache.

Are you android? If you have your Chat Features ON, I suggest you turn this off.

Turn chat features on or off
  1. On your device, open Messages .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Chat features.
  4. Toggle "Enable chat features" on or off.

Are you iMessage?

iMessage requires a wifi connection or your data to be turned on to send / receive texts.

OR, set up device to use SMS

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cwyndham , confirm with your contact that their texting app is not inadvertently blocking your texts as spam.  

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@cwyndham hi if you are sending from a contact list, try deleting the number from list and set up as new contact

Need Help? Let's chat.