cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message issues

loch_ness
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, 

I have some problems with text messaging, my contacts are not able to receive my messages but I’m able to receive messages. Did anyone ever experience this issue? I actually bought a package and all the other services are working fine. 

I have tried contacting customer support as well but couldn’t resolve it. 

thanks! 

19 REPLIES 19

@ChuongBK   Check your private message inbox in a few minutes (envelope top right of this page or click on your avator and go to "messages") and I will send you a number to call for porting assistance.

ChuongBK

Hi Phil,

I ported in the number from another provider. The number was transferred and paid for the plan. I can make the call, but I could not receive the text message.

@ChuongBK   Are you porting your phone number into Public Mobile from another provider and not receiving the port authorization text?  Or do you mean you can't  receive text messages  in general?

ChuongBK

Hello Phil

I have Text message issue. I can not receive text message from other network provider. Please kindly help.

Thank you

loch_ness

Hi @Phil_Adelphus, the issue has been resolved now, finally! They had to involve tech support and I can finally use the messaging service! Thank you 😊 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@loch_ness  if you're still having trouble, can you tell us for purposes of elimination

what colour are the bubbles when you try to text someone with an Android, blue or green?

have any of the Android people recently switched from an iPhone

are you sending just words, or attaching files?

does anyone at all on Android receive your texts?

have you tried turning on airplane mode for a few minutes then turning it off again?

loch_ness

Yes I have an iPhone and I’m receiving calls and text and I am able to do calls as well. It’s only the texts that I can’t seem to work! 

okay will try that and let you know, thanks! 

loch_ness

Yes you’re correct, I have an iPhone and most of the contacts that I need to send texts have android phones. iMessage works and I’m able to receive texts and it seems like I’m able to send it but they never receive it. And my phone doesn’t send me an error message either which I find weird… 

Thanks! 

This is an iPhone, right?   Are all your contacts on Android phones?  Unless you have iMessages turned off you should at least be able to send iMessages to iPhones even if not SMSs to Androids.

HI @loch_ness 

so, you have an iPhone? you did receive message from anyone? And you are receiving calls?

Check the iMessage setup to see if the number is correct

Update iOS, update Carrier Profile, reboot phone and let us know if that helps

Did you go to settings, general , about and see if anything wanted to update?

loch_ness

I bought the data package of 20gb with unlimited text and calls. And no I haven’t transferred my number from another provider ☹️

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@loch_ness   What package did you buy?  Did you port into PM recently from another provider?

loch_ness

@Phil_Adelphus yes I do, I’ve tried everything but nothing is working as of yet unfortunately…

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

If you have an iPhone do you have SMS enabled in iMessage?

loch_ness

@Chalupa_Batman 

yes just tried it but still doesn’t work unfortunately ☹️

thank you

loch_ness

@HALIMACS 

I’ve tried it but still doesn’t work after rebooting ☹️. Not sure if it’s because it’s a e-sim… 

Thanks though! 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@loch_ness 

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options. 

1. tap Messaging app, 

2. tap 3 little dots top right, 

3. select Settings, 

4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 

5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,

2. tap Messages,

3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried to go to your settings, then network settings and pick Public Mobile and reboot? Instead of having it on Automatic.

Need Help? Let's chat.