cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While traveling

SHOBI1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

How I can maintain my phone while traveling for five months not used, could you have a system of keeping phone number alive whilt traveling.

Shobana

9 REPLIES 9

SHOBI1

Okay I shall do that from oct 17th 85 days I have to pay to make the phone active is it not

@SHOBI1 

your current cycle ends on Oct 17th?  if so, yes, you start counting the 85 days from oct 17

SHOBI1

So after the 85 days I will pay for the subscription , now I leave on 15th October so I cannot pay on 17th , would the 85 days start from 17th October?

Shobana

@SHOBI1 

When the account was suspended and you need to make a manual payment, simply login My Account and click Pay now and resume service and follow the screen to make payment 

SHOBI1

How is the manual payment done ?

Shobana

SHOBI1

But when I don't pay will the text messaging work how do I make the $5 payment ?

Please help.

Shobana

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SHOBI1 

If you're going to be out of Canada for an extended amount of time, the only option port out your number to an app like TextNow and use the app while on WiFi wherever you may be. Keep using the app every few weeks and once you get back, you can port your number back over to PM. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SHOBI1  You can change to the $15 plan and turn off  auto subscribe and leave phone suspended for 90 days but in the 85 day make manual payment for 30 days turning auto pay back on , then rinse and repeat for long as you need to be away will cost you $5 a month this way to keep you number 

Turn auto subscribe off/on

Handy1_0-1695675595715.png

Or if you know the 4 digit PIN number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SHOBI1 

first, PM has no roaming service outside of USA.  If you are not going to US, then you will have to pay the plan and keep the account.   This is what you need to do to keep alive the account:

PM only allows the account to be suspended for 90 days or your account will be permanently closed, and you will loss the number

So, your option is to temporary suspend the account and reactivate for 30 days before the 90 days deadline

Here is what you can do (assuming your Available fund = $0)

1.  First, change plan to $15 plan (to reduce the cost to keep you number)
  2.  Then disable "Subscribed" from Payment page (Payment page, Managed Subscription, toggle off the "Subscribed" there
  3.  On the next renewal date, since pre-authorized payment is disabled, it won't be renewed.   
          Make note of that day 1 of the suspension date
  4.  VERY IMPORTANT.   Come back at around 85th days after the first date of the suspension to make a manual payment to renew the account for 30 days.  You can simply click "Pay Now and Resume Services" button and follow the step to make a manual payment.
    Since, you have changed to $15 plan, so, it will just cost you $15 for that 30 days cycle.  After you make the payment, make sure you see clearly that the account status is changed to ACTIVE.  If not, you will either have to open ticket with PM support or come and seek help here in the Community
    (Don't wait till the 89th or 90th days as My Account could be down for maintenance or payment could be an issue, you want to give yourself enough time to sort it out)
  5.  Make note of that date, again, the account will be active for 30 days only and will be suspended again after the 30 days.  Make note of the date it got suspended again
  6.  As the Autopay toggle "Subscribed" is already toggled off,  it won't renew after that 30 days cycle.

I hope you will be back by then. You just need to change the plan back to the one you want and then reactivate and remember to enable Autopay again (toggle  on "Subscribed")
    If you still not back to Canada by the end of that 90 days, then come back NO LATER than 85th date and repeat from step 4 again

Need Help? Let's chat.