cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary stop service when not in Canada

Mayli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I'll be leaving Canada from November 1 to February 4  2024, i won't use my phone during this period.  I'm asking to stop your service and resume it after three months.  You won't charge me for this period, correct?  Pls response, thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

hi @Mayli 

must be 90 days.  In fact, better to give yourself couple days ahead in case something wrong

you just need to login to My Account and click Reactivate my plan.  And make sure you see the status changed to Active and showing a new cycle end date.  Better to take screenshot

90 days is a firm cut off. And eastern time.

You can log in and use the registered credit card. You can buy vouchers online and enter them in the account. You can use an instant top up option from one of the voucher vendors.
If you're back home then you can buy vouchers in lots of stores. You can do instant top up in a few stores.
If you're still away and if you can dial a North American toll free number and if you know your 4 digit account pin then you can dial 1-855-4pu-blic and use your registered card. Or enter vouchers (that doesn't need an account pin).

@Mayli wrote:

Hi there,

how to make manual payment to resume service?

Must be 90 days?  How about 95 days

The manual payment needs to be made before 90 days of suspension.  After that, the account would get permanenntly closed.

Mayli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

how to make manual payment to resume service?

Must be 90 days?  How about 95 days

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mayli 

suspension can only be 90 days, you might be off a bit depends when your cycle in November ends

When you are closer to November, you can go into My Account and disable Autopay on Payment page, Manage Subscription.  Disable the "Subscribed" there.  

Make sure you check the last day of that suspension.  Then add 90 days to it and it will be your last day to resume service or your account will be closed permanently.  So, come back couple days before and make a manual payment to resume service. When you do so, make sure you see the account change back to Active and a new cycle end date shows.  Make sure you take screenshot of it

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There is no extended account pause here. When you don't pay to renew then you have a 90 day grace period to renew. If you go past that then the account closes.
If your normal renewal schedule ends after November 6th then you should be fine to let it stay suspended for 90 days for your return. But it would be better to give it a couple days in case there's a problem.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mayli You can suspend your account through the self serve portal.  However keep in mind that after 90 days without payment the account will be deleted.  So I would renew before 90 days just to ensure you keep the account and your number.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Mayli 

Nobody from Public Mobile is reading this. We are all customers. You would need to stop your subscription to cancel the plan. You'd have 90 days to come back to keep your phone number. Anything after 90 days you will lose your number and have to start again.

EDIT: Depending on your renewal date, you may wish to let it go to the end then let it unsubscribe. You may be within those 90 days to keep your number. It also depends on what plan you're on and if you wanted to keep it. Let us know what your billing cycle is. And if you're coming up really close to the 90 days, you can always renew it where ever you are. You'll just pay for a few days you won't use it. Hope that makes sense.

Need Help? Let's chat.