cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes not shown on transactions

h4xnoodle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This isn't really a 'help' but more of a 'website feedback':

It shows my plan charge without taxes in the transactions section of 'Payment' in self-serve. First of all, is that the same for everyone else?

In my financial records and on the screen during the activation process it shows the charge including the taxes. Why isn't the actual amount charged shown in transactions?

Can the website be updated to show the full charge and include taxes breakdown for each transaction history item?

Since Public likes community involvement, I offer to contribute my time to develop/add the changes. I'm a software developer that can do web stuff 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

h4xnoodle

Of course it's not that easy, like I said. Usually there isn't enough work for full or part time, and they contract out to other companies anyways. Getting the access/people coordinated is so much more work than actually making the technical changes!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@h4xnoodle wrote:

This isn't really a 'help' but more of a 'website feedback':

Can the website be updated to show the full charge and include taxes breakdown for each transaction history item?

Since Public likes community involvement, I offer to contribute my time to develop/add the changes. I'm a software developer that can do web stuff 🙂

No, because all Rewards have no tax associated with them. This would cause a mix of items showing tax, and others without.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@h4xnoodle 

Uh....yeah that's not going to happen. This is common practice for most prepaid providers. Especially with pm's antiquated technology it is a heck of a lot less trouble to have every customers account look exactly the same with nice even round numbers so it's simple to understand that $10 in your account is pre-tax/including tax amounts.

When you add funds from your card ie. $10 then it shows the tax dependent on your phone numbers area code....5% gst and the applicable provincial sales tax rate. In bc 5%+7%=12%. $10+$1.20=$11.20 then the authorized card holder confirms and submits the top up or payment. 

If its a voucher purchased at a retail location you ask for the voucher amount ie. $10 and then the tax is added just like almost every other purchase you make and you pay for your purchase+tax. Again $10=$11.20 w/tax. When you load the voucher onto your account its $10. Simple....I don't know why anyone would want to decipher the tax apart from their available funds. Why make it more complicated then it has to be? 

Autopay is not witnessed so this is where customers get confused because $10 gets charged to their card but shows up as $11.20 on their card. Because they dont see the tax added in front of them there is an assumption that its included like in Europe. With VAT's running in the 20%+ range its just included in the price so you are not reminded at every transaction how much you fork over to the government on a daily basis.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

What a Debbie Downer you are. Wishful thinking is a good thing.  IMHO

@h4xnoodle wrote:

Cool, thanks everyone! Glad to see the community is so active and pounced on this!

I'd happily jump in to do any small improvements if they lack a developer/contractor right now. It's never as easy as just "let me see the code" but if they're willing, 😛

Thanks everyone!

I think it's just wishful thinking that they will let you "see" let alone "touch their codes" as a volunteer. Unless you can convince them to hire you, whether as regular, part-time or on-contract basis, after full vetting of course.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@h4xnoodle wrote:

@h4xnoodle   I sincerely hope they take up your offer...because there's a long list of PM shortfalls that can be added to that...  As other's have said (perhaps srlawren) "don't hold your breath" changes around here move like molasses, unfortunately!

h4xnoodle

Cool, thanks everyone! Glad to see the community is so active and pounced on this!

I'd happily jump in to do any small improvements if they lack a developer/contractor right now. It's never as easy as just "let me see the code" but if they're willing, 😛

Thanks everyone!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@h4xnoodle 

This is a long-standing issue with PM's self-serve site, and has been discussed several times in the Community. Hope you are able to convince them to finally work on it.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@h4xnoodle 

You should tag the PM manager  Jade_S about your offer to maybe work on the coding to improve on the website and adding the taxes.  It's great 👍 of you to offer!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@h4xnoodle   yes, this is one of the confusion and one of the most requested improvement (and the list is long)

I think even they don't shot the tax, they should at least have more reminders like "+GST/HST"  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@h4xnoodle : Um...yeah...you know the above.

Suggestions are always welcome. This place runs at a snails pace for changes though.

Edit: and after the edit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@h4xnoodle 

Edit: at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service not monthly and No fees extra charges,

and the transaction history is not showing Tax, you will see the Tax at your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.