cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax

oceanwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please advise why I am being charged tax on funds when added to my account for future payments.

8 REPLIES 8

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@oceanwood wrote:

Please advise why I am being charged tax on funds when added to my account for future payments.

Most prepaid plans work that way. 

Topping up your account is like buying any thing else, like a shirt or, that is taxable. 

Account balances are rarely refunded. 

Since anything you buy on your PM Account is taxable.....no tax is taken when you buy an add on etc as you have already paid tax up front. Taxes are based on what province your number belongs to. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @oceanwood   Yes, mobile service requires to add tax on top.  So, a $25 charge will be $25+tax

It is more a question why PM not including tax on your My Account.  It is more the developers are lazy to sort out the tax rate for different province on My Account

@oceanwood 

The government always want their share.

You will save on PST if you reside in Alberta.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@oceanwood wrote:

@oceanwood To add to what other have said vis a vis paying tax, When your account goes through renewal and the funds you have added are taken from your account, you will notice that no tax is paid as you have already been taxed on the deposit.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Every time you add funds to your account, you will be charged tax.

When buying voucher, tax is added at retailer.

No way to avoid taxes...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@oceanwood    Just to clarify, if you are adding vouchers for future payments, then there will be no extra taxes as you would have been charged tax when purchasing your voucher, however, CC payments will add tax when payment is made at renewal.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@oceanwood we all pay taxes for most services in canada

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Taxes are required for all services in Canada...including your cell bill.

Taxes are added to your costs...including any money you put towards future service.

Need Help? Let's chat.