cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching back to PM after travel

Creeker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just back from Europe where we used an eSIM from Airalo for travel.  We have used before and had no problems, but this time even though we turned off the eSIM and turned the PM back on, our phones continued to think we were out of the country.  Tried turning the phone off and back on and I did a few other things, and somehow mine is working again.  Except for my personal hotspot.  That says I need to contact PM to set up hotspot, although I had it before.  But…my husband’s phone I can’t get to change, even though the settings look all the same to me.  So, two questions….

1. How do I get back my personal hotspot?

2.  How to fix my hubby’s phone so it knows he’s back in Canada.

16 REPLIES 16

Creeker

All updated

Creeker

Thanks, it is all working now.   Just my personal hot spot is not working.

Does this place do anything differently than the other reset? (I'm not an Apple guy)
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network > Reset Settings

So what all is working on your phone? Calls in and out? Real sms texts in and out? Browsing web sites not on wifi.

Creeker

SIM cards.  Esims were just for travel

Creeker

No.   Still telling me to contact PM to set up

Ok that's problem #2. Any progress on problem #1?

Creeker

R3settin network settings didn’t help my hotspot issue

Creeker

Oh, man.  Thanks everyone.  Just figured out that his account was suspended as his credit card was cancelled 😞.  Should be fine now

@Creeker 

Reset the Network setting on both iPhones but you need to re-enter all the password if you have home internet.

Creeker

That didn’t work.  At the top of his phone it says Public Mobile LTE and there are no bars.  When I try to make a call, it says Public Mobile here.  Your call cannot be completed as dialled.  Check the number and try again.  My phone has Public Mobile moving across the top and shows bars, but doesn’t say LTE

Check settings, general, about for any updates.

Creeker

The hotspot issue one is iPhone 11 and the eSIM issue one is the newer SE

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are both phones using esim or sim cards? Don't remove the esims.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Creeker 

try removing the PM sim from his phone...then re-install it and see if that helps.

edited

philiposechacko
  • 1. To regain your personal hotspot, you can try resetting your network settings on your device. This can be done by going to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings". Keep in mind that resetting your network settings may also erase any saved Wi-Fi passwords. 2. To fix your husband's phone so that it recognizes that he is back in Canada, you can try resetting his network settings as well. Additionally, make sure that his phone plan includes access to data services while in Canada and that his phone is not set to "Airplane Mode". You can also try manually selecting the cellular network provider in the settings. If the issue persists, contacting the community for assistance may also be helpful.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Make and model of both phones?

Need Help? Let's chat.