cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switches plans and now I'm having issues with text and calling

alyssaeyre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't call most of the people on my contact list. If I send a text most don't reach the recipient I've tested with several people. I've tried restarting my phone several times but the only thing I changed recently was my plan it still had unlimited text and calling. I've submitted two tickets for help but I didn't receive any confirmation of submission. Has anyone had an issue like this before ? 

8 REPLIES 8

@Almisami wrote:

I'm gonna take a complete shot in the dark, but have you manually updated your access point names? 

I know I had to manually change mine when I switched from Bell to Public because my phone apparently wasn't smart enough to read the ones off of the SIM card.

APN settings have no effect on SMS and phone calls.

Almisami
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm gonna take a complete shot in the dark, but have you manually updated your access point names? 

I know I had to manually change mine when I switched from Bell to Public because my phone apparently wasn't smart enough to read the ones off of the SIM card.

@alyssaeyre   are you getting incoming calls?

Try to reseat your sim as well (power off, take sim card out for a minute and then put it back and power up)

Also you can try to change your network to 3G only and see if the phone can connect and stay connected.  I wonder if you have a problem with the 3G network in your area

But you also tried your phone in another area?  you got the same problem with outgoing calls?

alyssaeyre

I switched to the 25 dollar 30 day 1 gb at 3gb speed with unlimited talk and text. I don't have another phone to test with at the moment but will try if/when I do. I get a message "sorry we cannot complete your call please call us at *611 for help" I will try resetting my network setting. Thank you 

your device support both 3G o 4G, see here how to Switch between 3G/4G 

• turn off device and turn on,
  • Airplane Mode on/off
  • go to your text app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of Messages app,
  • if outgoing texts messages from specific contacts

Delete the contact and add it again.
Check if you need to specify a country code (e.g) add  +1 or  in front of area code

• if sending MMS messages Ensure that you have a data mobile connection is on,
  • check your software ios update date,

and rebooting device. @alyssaeyre 

alyssaeyre

Hi thank you for responding. Preferred network type is set to LTE my only other option  is 3g. Thank you! I see the tickets in sent. Pixel 4a is the device I'm on. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alyssaeyre   can you receive incoming calls? and Mobile data working?

What plan did you switch to?

Do you have another phone to test your PM sim card?. By putting your sim in another phone, it would also force a sim provisioning and hopefully will resolve your problem

Also, you said you cannot call most of the people on the list, what message you got back in terms of the error?.  any error code?

Another thing to try is to Reset Network settings.  Please note by doing that, your saved Wifi will be deleted as well, but you just need to join them back. 

Yes, opening ticket was the correct way you did.  I suggest you try to open another ticket again and also message them directly (so try both methods below)

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@alyssaeyre 

did you check the network to 4G or put in on automatic.

go to your private message in Sent you will see them.

which device brand and model you use?

Need Help? Let's chat.