cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched over from Fido to Public but...

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text from Fido after I switched saying if they didn't hear from me in 90 minutes they would cancel the request.  Of course I didn't see this until the next day so now I'm not receiving any texts.  Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

JL9
Mayor / Maire

As long as your FIdo account is still in good standing and you have your old sim. Just get the message resent, but once it is done keep your eye out because you should get it right away basically and the 90 min clock will start again;

mamiesentoso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried logging into to your Fido account? I just recently switched from Fido to Public Mobile last month and after I had cancelled my account I was not able to log into my Fido account anymore.

Also, they did not respond to my text after I had responded to "yes" in the text message. So I assume it was automatically cancelled already.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mamiesentoso wrote:

I would suggest calling Fido because it is usually fast to resolve the problems with Fido on the phone.

Good thought, @mamiesentoso , however i don't think the provider one is leaving is going to be helpful to someone leaving them.

It's the new provider that triggers the port, so @21 will need to engage Public Mobile on this.

@mamiesentoso  , when you port in from another provider into PM , it is actually PM Support to call. 

PM Support will re-trigger the porting request, which will contact the source provider.  Once the source provider got the porting request from PM, they will send the text to the user for authentication to port out the number

mamiesentoso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would suggest calling Fido because it is usually fast to resolve the problems with Fido on the phone.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@21 

To re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@21 

You need to reinitiate the PAT (porting authorization text) and reply YES within 90 minutes. Your freedom SIM card will still have full service on it. Use it until it stops working then you know your port is complete. Save your freedom SIM card though....even once it's deactivated it can still help some device owners to edit their APN.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@21   No worry, not too late.  there is a phone number you can call talk to live support and re-trigger the text on your Fido phone.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox , envelope icon on the top right

Need Help? Let's chat.