cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to new phone

foffe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I would like to transfer my old phone to another person who will stay subscribed with PM and I will subscribe my new phone with PM. What is the best way to do that? Thanks

foffe

10 REPLIES 10

@foffe 

i8 uses nano-sim, while i12 uses both nano-sim and esim.

foffe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the easy solution...does a sim card from an I-phone 8 fit into an I-phone 12.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@foffe wrote:

Hi,

I would like to transfer my old phone to another person who will stay subscribed with PM and I will subscribe my new phone with PM. What is the best way to do that? Thanks

foffe

@foffe , if you want to give your old phone with current SIM Card that’s in it, phone number & current Public Mobile account to another person & use your new phone on a new Public Mobile account for yourself, new SIM Card & new phone number you can.

Personally I would just remove the SIM Card from your old phone, put it in your new phone, keep your current account & phone number then open a new account for another person using your old phone with a new SIM Card, new phone number & use your referral code during signup of that account which will give that person a 1 time $10 credit on that account for using your referral code plus give you 1 point every 30 days for referring the other person as long as they stay with Public Mobile. That way you can keep your current account with your current rewards!

Make sense?

I would like to transfer my old phone to another person who will stay subscribed with PM....   to me that says he wants to transfer his account to another and keep his number and start a new account. But once again, until @foffe shares more information with us, we can all only speculate. 

@Chalupa_Batman   The post says " who will stay subscribed with PM and I will subscribe my new phone with PM"  so there's  nothing about going to another provider. 

The way I read it is the other person takes over their account. But...  I guess we all need more clarity from @foffe 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You cannot transfer PM number/service from one PM to another PM account.
If you want other person to have your number and all benefits/rewards coming with your current number/account, just pull out your SIM and pass it to that person. Ask him to change credit card info unless you want to pay for service.
Then open your brand new account with new SIM.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman   "So, just so I understand. You want to keep your phone number, move elsewhere but let your friend take over your account in their name. Sadly, Public Mobile won't allow that."

The way I read it both phones are staying with PM.  The OP just needs to take the sim out of the old phone and insert it into the new phone, that transfers the phone number and account to the new phone, then the other person can set up their own account with PM on the old phone as @hairbag1 said.  @foffe  Don't forget to use/give your referral code for the new account.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

So, just so I understand. You want to keep your phone number, move elsewhere but let your friend take over your account in their name. Sadly, Public Mobile won't allow that. Accounts are non transferable. Once you port your phone number to another provider, the account is automatically closed. The only way your "friend" can take over the account is if you keep everything in your name and pay for him and he'll pay you. OR...  remove your credit card and your friend will have to either pay with vouchers or pre paid credit cards. Vouchers would be easier to do. 

Edit: They get your phone number you have now. They (you) can port over another number for them but that number would have to be in your name too...  example, if you download Fongo or Textnow...  find a number they really like, you can port that number over to your account. You still lose your number no matter what. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@foffe 

if you wanna keep the same number, take sim outta the phone and install in new phone. Your friend will need a new sim to start a new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.