cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap an account keep monthly plan

Beskar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have an older account with a monthly plan that is no longer available.  I would like to create a new number and assign that monthly plan to it.  I also need to port my existing number out as it will go onto my new work plan that is being paid for by the company.

Is this possible?

thank you

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   My guess is OP is talking about a grandfathered plan that is no longer available, perhaps wrong choice of words.

@Beskar   Reminder that any new account you open will be under the inferior new Public Points rewards system and once you port out your number and the account closes, you will also lose any accumulated rewards (loyalty, autopay) and will not be able to get them on the new account.  

Maybe you should take a new number with your new account (edit: employer) instead and keep business and personal numbers separate...yeah, a hassle for sure.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I wish these were options but unfortunately I don't foresee that ever being the case 

@Beskar wrote:

If I create another number, can I transfer what I have on the one that closes onto it?

No.

You cannot port out your current number to your business line and at the same time chose new number for existing account.

Porting out your existing number will close your account and you will lose all rewards, etc.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Beskar wrote:

I have an older account with a monthly plan that is no longer available.  I would like to create a new number and assign that monthly plan to it.  

What do you mean you have an older account that is no longer available?

If this a Public Mobile account you are talking about and it has been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days than that account and phone number is gone/closed.

So you could not assign a new number to this account if this was the case.

I also need to port my existing number out as it will go onto my new work plan that is being paid for by the company.

Will your work pay for your existing Public Mobile number/account as is? You could change your plan to whatever current in-market plans that exists today if there is a plan that will cover your needs.

@Beskar  - Are you talking about 2 different Public Mobile accounts? See comments above.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Officially rules are:

You can either

• port your number out and close your account, or
  •  change your number and lose your current number. 

You can't do both.

Pm also does not allow swapping numbers between pm plans 

Beskar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I create another number, can I transfer what I have on the one that closes onto it?

Sorry, but no, this can't be done as Public Mobile will not allow it. Porting out closes your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.