cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden change in fees for the same plan!!!

Sofiane0711
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a monthly payment of 20,7 CA$. Suddenly, the payment changes to 27.59 CA$ for the same plan!!! Please, I request to come back to my previous monthly payment of 20.7 CA$.

5 REPLIES 5

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sofiane0711 

old reward system is now gone!!  We all have to pay a bit more with the new rewards system

But go to My Account, and check what plan available for you, they might have something cheaper that what you have now and you can save money that way

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sofiane0711 

no more REwards to lower your plan costs. Now we only get points and must accumulate at least 15 points to manually apply to plan renewal.

added...here's some light reading to help understand how it works now that Rewards are retired...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Sofiane0711 

you were wondering where the autopay/loyalty discount/friend rewards gone?   PM has ended that old system and moved everyone to the new Public Points!!

So, now you have to pay full price first and PM will give you back points after.  Instead of loyalty rewards monthly, you get 10 points per year on your anniversary date with Public Mobile.  Instead of $2 autopay discount, you get 5% of your plan in points.  

And the points are useful to reduce the bill. After you got 15+ points, you will go to rewards site to redeem 15 points for $15 bill credit

@Sofiane0711 

Are you on $25 plan? if so, you might be able to get the savings back.  But let me tell you what the actual issue is

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

But you have a $25-1GB plan, you might be able to get the lost money back.  PM is offering existing subscribers a $19-1GB plan.  It is pretty much the same $25 -1GB plan, except it is better, it has 4G speed instead of 3G.   With it being just $19, you can recover the lost reward savings from the change of the reward system.  You might want to login to My Account and schedule a plan change to this $19 plan using Change on Renewal option

Need Help? Let's chat.