cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile - What a joke

Jagb88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So after Public Mobile took away everyones loyalty dollars, I asked them to change my plan to a lower priced plan. Below is high-level exchange:

Hello again,

Try to delete the cookies from your phone, log out of your Public Mobile app and then log in again,

If you still can not changer the plan we can do it for you.

Regards

Lucian CS_Agent

ME

I tried the steps and it still doesn't show up. May you please change the plan to the $15/month talk/text plan (unlimited canada wide calling and texting)?

The reply I got back was I should wait until a day before my next billing date because it was an immediate change and I may have already paid for the current billing cycle.

Today I asked for them to change my plan and what a wonderful reply I received below:

Re: Ticket ID:429813-993 Rewards / Public Points C2013-C

Thank you for replying

I hope this was previously mentioned, but we can't really change your plan to the $15 one, because of system limitations. The plan you want can't cost less than the plan you have. Also, that change will remove your free 30gb data add-on previously offered

Thank you, Alex

Bravo to Public Mobile for not allowing customers to change to a lower plan after they removed customers loyalty dollars which increased their bills. 

Other forums will get a kick out of this one.

9 REPLIES 9

@Jagb88  Currently it shows as $20/month, unlimited provincial talk.

Have you considered PM's $19 plan with 1GB data and unlimited Canada-wide calling?  It's not advertised but you will see it if you log in to your account and check plans there.  That would work out to a little more the $18 with the 5% points back although you'd have to wait until you had 15 points to redeem for a bill credit.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jagb88 
Freedom is good, it works fine in my area, I have $149 30GB

good luck 

kronickiller

the freedom prepaid i am gonna switch too

public mobile is kinda shady

Jagb88

Currently it shows as $20/month, unlimited provincial talk.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The $15 plan is for new activations only so you can't switch to it as an existing customer. What plan are you on currently?

Jagb88

Thank you. I'll probably go with the Freedom Mobile one; seems more viable and no 2 year limit. 

$119/year with 15Gb of data.

Jagb88

Thank you, appreciated.

Is it as simple as signing up on the telus site or just giving them a call? Or do I need to mention something  specific?

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jagb88 
If you interested in unlimited calls and messages, Telus has a year plan $100 per year (8.34 per month) unlimited call and messages, cheaper than $15 public mobile monthly plan

Need Help? Let's chat.