cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully activated eSIM but not connecting to network.

New_Guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I switched to Public Mobile yesterday and followed the steps to activate my eSIM. The activation was successful and I can see the new Public Mobile eSIM line in my phone settings in cellular.

The problem is, it's not connecting to the network and I'm not receiving any service. I transferred my old number from FIDO and set Public Mobile's eSIM as the new primary line so I'm not sure what part of the process the problem has occurred in. In my cellular settings, my FIDO sim line is still there with my number attached to it, but I'm not connected to any FIDO network either. I already replied YES to FIDO's porting message and got confirmation that the number was ported so I don't know why the FIDO line still has my number attached to it in settings. My FIDO account has already been cancelled as well.

Does anyone know what to do at this point? I already tried restarting my phone, resetting cellular network settings and removing the physical FIDO sim.

This is what I see if that helps at all:

Also, I can't click on my old FIDO sim's settings anymore (the one that says "used as secondary").

13 REPLIES 13

NoBandage
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the exact same problem right now. Were you able to get it fixed?

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The first image you have on here has a phone number on it. I recommend you remove it as this is a public forum and you really shouldn't post that here. Use the little down arrow on the right to edit your post.

@New_Guy the app will install the eSIM for you after you complete the transaction 

New_Guy

If I do this and buy a new eSIM, would I just follow the same activation steps as I did the first time? I'm wondering if I did something wrong so I can avoid repeating the same mistake.

@New_Guy 

yes, no problem with keeping the number 

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

(in case  system really changed you, you can ask support for reimbursement)

New_Guy

Yep my Fido account says its cancelled now. My FIDO sim is a physical sim so I just removed it from the sim tray. I think getting a new eSIM is the correct solution and I'm talking to customer support about it right now. I just want to make sure that I can keep the same number. The number should be ported but I can't say for sure since I'm having these issues.

@New_Guy

is the Fido account closed

if you are certain the number is ported, you can delete the Fido eSIM completely and reboot the phone once more

if you did all this, you can try to get a replacement eSIM for free. Login the app (use email to receive 2FA), go to account and buy a new eSIM for free. 

New_Guy

iPhone. I did everything you mentioned as you can see in the pictures I've included. "Primary" is the PM eSIM and it's turned on. "Used as secondary" was my old FIDO sim which I removed after the number porting was confirmed successful and you can see it says "no sim" now since I took it out.

I just don't know why the phone number is still under the old FIDO sim. Already tried resetting networks a couple times. Appreciate the tips though.

@New_Guy 

iPhone or Android??

is the PM eSIM set to Enabled (on Android) or it "Turn on this line" is toggled on (on IPhone)

Remember to remove the physical sim of your old carrier, if old carrier has esim, disable it

And try Reset All Networks. You might need to do that multiple times in some situations 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@New_Guy wrote:

I did this yesterday around this time so roughly 24 hours ago. I know I did all the steps right because I did another family member's phone the day before and it worked perfectly. I've submitted a ticket for customer support just now so hopefully I'll hear back soon...

I think the porting was successful too because at first when the eSIM activation was complete, it actually connected to the network and the new Public Mobile eSIM was working but shortly after, it disconnected and now I don't have service on either on my sims.

That's very strange. Maybe something going on with the SIM? Support should be able to figure it out.

@golfball wrote:

How long ago did you port? If it's been a while you may want to reach out to customer support or the porting team.

The porting team cannot help with this.  The inability to connect to the network isn't a nubmer porting issue.

New_Guy

I did this yesterday around this time so roughly 24 hours ago. I know I did all the steps right because I did another family member's phone the day before and it worked perfectly. I've submitted a ticket for customer support just now so hopefully I'll hear back soon...

I think the porting was successful too because at first when the eSIM activation was complete, it actually connected to the network and the new Public Mobile eSIM was working but shortly after, it disconnected and now I don't have service on either on my sims.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How long ago did you port? If it's been a while you may want to reach out to customer support or the porting team.

Need Help? Let's chat.