cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription plan

Sandy031
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

TIA! So I was randomly looking on the app at my subscription and when it renews, and oddly enough it wasn't showing me everything that's included in my plan (which is the $45 4G plan with free canada wide texting and calling with 30 gigs of data). So I went to go look at it in the shop because I just had a weird feeling about it and I'm not seeing my plan at all. All it shows me is one 4G plan that isn't the one that I'm subscribed to, just wondering if anyone would possibly know why or if anyone's having the same issue? 

8 REPLIES 8

You don't have to switch. There are people on really old plans that might not even be aware that they can get more for their money but they keep their old plan. Then there are others that don't want to spend more money anyway, me. 🙂

@Sandy031 

you don't need to a 5G phone to subscribe to a 5G plan.   Yes, without a 5G phone, you cannot access 5G network, but you can still take advantage of the extra and cheaper data offered on the 5G plan. 

Also, you can take advantage of the better speed on a 5G plan with a 4G phone.  On 4G plans, they have a speed limit of 100Mbps while 5G plan has a limit of 250Mbps.   So, with your 4G phone and a 5G plan, you will get a higher download speed then then capped limit of 100Mbps when accessing 4G networks

@Sandy031  Even with a phone that doesn’t support 5G and only displays LTE will still  get faster speeds than 100mbs of a 4G plan . Note folks on 3G plans can still access 5G network but be throttled to 3G speeds 

Adding you don’t have to switch no . But if you want the faster speed then yes and if it’s the same price for same amount of data for faster  speed then why not switch 

Sandy031

Old plan? But I don't want to switch at all, my current phone doesn't support 5G (looking to upgrade to a phone that does soon) but can I still stay with the same plan or will I have to switch?? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy031  That may be the old 4G 30GB plan for $45 there’s now a 5G plan 30GB for $45 unlimited data . Also note there’s a 20GB $39 plan and if you opt in for 90 days it works out to $34 a month only you pay $102 upfront for 60GB for 90 day . Just make sure to change plan for next renewal and not immediately or you lose money on your current cycle 

Sandy031

I looked there first so I could check when my subscription renews this month, I then went to go look for a more thorough description of my plan in the section where you first choose your plan when switching to public Mobile. I didn't see the phone plan that I'm currently on at all

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sandy031 

the Plan details might not show everything, but check the overview page, it should show you how much data allocated

and a tip, please use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid cache problem

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

"in the shop"? Have a look in the payment history for a slightly more detailed though cryptic description. This place is bad at not displaying all the details of plans. You have to kind of deduce it by data quantity and cost.

Need Help? Let's chat.