cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free physical SIM and $15 subscription

dreamboats
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi ! I noticed there is a free physical SIM card being offered for new subscriptions. I am considering to avail of this for a friend who will be coming to Canada in July and could benefit from this. The questions I have are:

1. Will the free SIM offer be available in July? If not, when would the promo end?

2. If I sign up for the $15 subscription today, does that mean I would need to pay for the month of June even though I would be activating the SIM card in July? Or would the $15 that is being charged upon sign up be applied only at the I activate the SIM card in July?

3. Is there a minimum 'lock in' period with this offer? Can they opt of at any time without penalty or is there a commitment needed.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@dreamboats wrote:

Thanks for your reply. While trying to book the offer, they claim to ship the SIM within 2 business day !

Yes. SHIP it within 2 business days. That doesn't account for the time Canada Posts takes their time to deliver it from wherever the SIM card is coming from. Can still be up to 3 weeks.

dreamboats

Thanks for your reply. While trying to book the offer, they claim to ship the SIM within 2 business day !

dreamboats

his phone is not esim compatible. Thanks for your reply though

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dreamboats 

1. I used to give them away free, with free delivery. But no more. 
2. Ordering a physical SIM from PM has a poor track record for length of time to wait and some times a no show, but I have not experienced either. 
3. To pre plan to set up an account is best to have a SIM “in hand” before friend arrives. Less hassle…less waste of days paid for but not used. Try Amazon for a $5 SIM. The seller “is” PM. 

4. While I am not up to date. Doesn’t PM still gibe a free ESim?

Make sure friend’s phone is unlocked and is compatible. And if doesn’t pan out…having an extra SIM is good insurance for you and can be a giveaway to gain a referral. 

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks good in print. I asked for one and never received. Had to go to a kiosk and buy one for $10. Was told to just tell this to CS and would be reimbursed. Not only did that not happen but also didn’t get my $10 referral gift. The only thing I got was a 5 point welcome gift. 4-5 days ago contacted CS but so far no response. On the positive side I have no problems with reception and plan features. 

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Getting the free sim will take anywhere from 5 days to 3 week to get through the mail. If you get it through Amazon it will need there in a day or two but cost 5$. You can cancel any time but service will only end after the 30day Subscription comes to an end.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats wrote:

Hi ! I noticed there is a free physical SIM card being offered for new subscriptions. I am considering to avail of this for a friend who will be coming to Canada in July and could benefit from this. The questions I have are:

1. Will the free SIM offer be available in July? If not, when would the promo end?

Nobody will ever know this answer. Personally, I'd buy one from Amazon as it's only $4.99

2. If I sign up for the $15 subscription today, does that mean I would need to pay for the month of June even though I would be activating the SIM card in July? Or would the $15 that is being charged upon sign up be applied only at the I activate the SIM card in July?

If you signed up today and ordered the SIM card from Public Mobile which takes up to 3. weeks to get, it would start the minute you active the card, But you'd be charged right away but your 30 days doesn't start till you active it.

3. Is there a minimum 'lock in' period with this offer? Can they opt of at any time without penalty or is there a commitment needed.

No. Get it while it's hot! Plans change often.

Thanks

My answers are above in bold. Hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.