cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Phone

Mickedone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone has been stolen and has not been recovered. I have purchased a new SIM from KOODOO and I would like to transfer my old number to the new SIM

12 REPLIES 12

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mickedone  Can you clarify, did you buy a PM SIM from a Telus/Koodo store or did you purchase a Koodo SIM?   Are you wanting to activate a new PM SIM on your existing PM account or port the old PM number to Koodo?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You are right, ask people to call first after starting with the limited shortlist of what is on the pick up a sim card map. Otherwise the poor customer wastes all their time calling stores that don't sell the sims. Start with the shortlist and call those. Easy. Much less time and effort. We like to help the customers don't we?
I find the map entirely simple to use. I type in my town and find a Telus store, a Koodo location that I know is a kiosk and a Mobile Klinik all in the local mall. And also a Mobile Klinik in another location. Easy.

That there are only the corporate stores with sims can either be mentioned or implied by using the store locator. Easy. Not sure why this is a mystery to some folks.

@Handy1 wrote:

I don’t know I don’t know how one would even know . Why I always say to people to call around first 

@Handy1  You are right, ask people to call first is the right way. Some member might think it is easy to figure it out.  But it is not, and not everyone even know there are two types of stores at all

I’ve never used that before I just know there there and have used Amazon before too 

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When using the Public Mobile store locator of 'Where to buy a SIM Card', does it show those Koodo Locations on the map on the Public Mobile Website? 

Here it only shows the 3 Telus Corporate stores in Winnipeg, no other Koodo Locations carry them since it's all dealers or 4L Communications. 

I don’t know I don’t know how one would even know . Why I always say to people to call around first 

Priority

Are they Corporate Loactions or Dealer Stores?

🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨

@Priority  2 Koodo kiosks by me sell them still 

Priority

I was wondering the same thing, last I heard it was only Mobile Kliniks and Telus Corporate locations that carry and sell Public Mobile SIM Cards. No Koodo only or 4L Communications dealer stores sell them anymore unfortunately. 

I think this person got it from a Telus Corporate Store that also had a Koodo Sign up, since every Telus Corporate Store also sells Koodo and has a sign in the window. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mickedone 

you purchased a PM sim card from Koodo store, right?

on the login screen, the security code screen, click "Didn't receive the code?" and see if Send email is an option there.  You can get the code using email

Once logged in, go to Profile page, click on the pencil besides sim card number to update the sim card info

Priority

If you are able to verify your Account details with the Customer Support Agent and send them the new SIM Card Number, they'll be able to Activate it from the backend for you. 

Than when you sign in, you'll be able to get the code to your Number on the new SIM Card, everytime after the first sign in you'll have an option to alternatively 'Resend the code' to your Email. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mickedone  If your able to log into your account you can do this in your profile page and SIM card swap the number or get  support to do it for you 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1692905437243.png

Need Help? Let's chat.