cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam calls

Debbie56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have suddenly been receiving repeated spam calls every half hour for 3 days. I block all numbers but they continue from new numbers. My phone has been taken over it seems.Does anyone know how to shut this down?

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Debbie56 

never answer a call from an unknown caller. If it's a legit call, they can leave a message and you can return their call. Once you answer a spam caller, they know you'll answer and they will harangue you, as you found out. Try to ignore the unknown calls...even if they appear to be from your area. After a few weeks, those calls will deminish in frequency.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

sorry @Debbie56 Spam calls like spam mails, nothing much you can do and we all going through this.  Some people might suggest you get another number but I don't think that would fix it. 

Your should might have called id check and will show Spam calls and your can ignore l.  Or you can simply enable Ignore unknown callers on your phone, but with that, you need to keep a good list of friends contact on your phone

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Debbie56   You can set your phone to only ring if the caller is in your contacts list which will send all unknown callers to voicemail.  There are spam blocker apps for Android, if iPhone on ios17 you can also use Live Voicemail to stop the calls going to your PM voicemail.  Eventually they will hopefully give up.

Need Help? Let's chat.