cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you can't use points to save if under 15 points?

NickNam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

I was under the impression that points could be used in any increment towards a bill... Is this something planned in the future or will it always be 15 for $15.

Kinda sucks it you have a short term plan and think you are getting money back at 5% only to find out it doesn't apply cause you didn't earn enough points.

Gotta say this is disappointing.

7 REPLIES 7

NickNam

I guess if you plan to use the addons it's better, just not for everyday savings like the old plan was.  This plan was only meant for 3 months so I won't benefit from using the points at all... oh well I guess.

NickNam

Only if you get to the 15 point amount each time, so at some point you will lose out when deciding to switch from PM if you have 14 or fewer points.  It's unfortunate they changed it so much, beginning to think it may be time to look elsewhere.

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@NickNam I too would prefer to use my credits as they are available. Since one point equals $1 we should have the possible option of claiming a $1 credit towards our plan. It is ridiculous to hold back our credits until we reach a credit level that we can use them all. 

As I am on the Canada and us plan I don't need to buy add-ons currently so the reduced options are irrelevant to me. Just give me my reward give me my $1 reward.

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes that is correct.

But in reality you are still saving the same amount even if you need to wait to cash in. You still get 5% back, you just can not cash in right away.

For example, saving $1 each month or saving $15 every 15th months... still kinda works out the same.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the new and improved Public Mobile 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@NickNam 

for the time being...you can only use increments of 15 points to convert to $$ for your plan renewal. You'll likely see offers or contests that require less or more points to be used later on.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@NickNam   Currently, and whether it will change or not I have no clue, it is in $15/15 point increments only for bill credit.  However in the catalogue (see My Rewards in My Account) you can also buy discounted add ons at lower than the $ price, starting at 5 points.  So that's another way to use the lower number of points  but not much use if you don't need an add on.

Need Help? Let's chat.