Sim card

jaredlph001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ordered Sim card, need to have it tracked

25 REPLIES 25

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jaredlph001 

If you ordered your Sim card on December 23rd the 7th business day is January 6th the day you posted that started this thread. The 8th day is today Monday January 9th and the 10th business day is Wednesday January 11th. I'm curious to see if you recieve your Sim cards this week? That is if you ordered them on December 23rd?

Just because somebody has/had great experience receiving SIM in record time does not mean system is working perfectly.

I read all the time people are NOT receiving SIM card or it is significantly delayed. Thus if I had to comment on OP question I would say 1-3 (or longer) weeks and that will be very correct.

It is VERY unfair to claim delivery WILL be within 10 business day and all other answers are dead wrong.

I will never provide answers that PM provides PERFECT service if I personally NEVER experienced any issues when zillion other customers have daily issues.

If anybody cares to do little search through thus forum it will find many, many suggestions from way more experienced customers to avoid if possible buying SIM from PM due to unreliable delivery time.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@LitlLdy 

I have made a few purchases direct from PM and only one went awry. At least I can say from experience and not just being here to make unsubstantiated negative remarks like some are here. Some remarks here (not from you) can be misleading to the new folks or about to be folks at PM. 

If a customer understands that a business day does not include Sat or Sun or the day of order and any holidays, once the 10 business days has gone past then the customer should be "on it" to have them re-ordered instead of whining about it all!! So my post, I feel, is informative  and from actual experience. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 11.36.08 AM.png

@CountyDownIeUk , Purchasing my sim cards directly from Public Mobile have always taken this long (about 3 weeks or more) for me to receive them in the years I have been with Public Mobile (over 3 years). Anything else that I have ordered that’s delivered by Canada Post from other companies are much faster. I have no answer as to why it is this way! Next time I will order the sim cards though Amazon which is much faster for me to receive.
I appreciate you being honest about your experiences here. We all need to be. That way current & potential customers know there’s not only negative experiences but also positive. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @jaredlph001 sorry, dim card usually has no tracking, you have to message agent and check the status 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and yes, some sim card took 3 weeks to deliver.   It is true that some receive theirs in 5 to 7 days, probably because they are in big cities.  But many, like @LitlLdy's experience ,  also took 3 weeks. Not just one or two,  it is kind of not acceptable 

@LitlLdy 

I have made a few purchases direct from PM and only one went awry. At least I can say from experience and not just being here to make unsubstantiated negative remarks like some are here. Some remarks here (not from you) can be misleading to the new folks or about to be folks at PM. 

If a customer understands that a business day does not include Sat or Sun or the day of order and any holidays, once the 10 business days has gone past then the customer should be "on it" to have them re-ordered instead of whining about it all!! So my post, I feel, is informative  and from actual experience. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 11.36.08 AM.png

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Meow wrote:

If SIM is sent by Canada Post, there is no tracking. You should receive it within 3-4 weeks. If after that you still did not get it, contact agent for replacement.

Not  true last ones took 5 business days. 

PM commits to 5-10 business days. Don’t know where your erroneous 4 weeks come from. 

@CountyDownIeUk , Not everyone has the same experiences as you. As I’ve said numerous times on the posts (many others have said the same as myself) it took over 3 weeks to receive my sim cards through Canada Post. I contacted CS_Agents a few times about my sim cards & kept getting the same response back “wait”. Which was very frustrating since I missed the deals I was wanting to sign up for! I think it’s great that some receive theirs much faster but many of us have not unfortunately!

I also find that to many CA_Agents don’t want to put in an effort to help & a couple have gone above & beyond to help! Maybe all these issues many of us encounter is why we pay for lower priced plans. I don’t know.
Either way I hope @jaredlph001 gets the sim cards very soon.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If you ordered from PM website and has been over 10 business days then use the chat bot. From there you will fill out a simple form. Then a CSA will verify your order number and establish if more than 10 business days have occurred. If yes then they will give you 2 options. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Meow wrote:

If SIM is sent by Canada Post, there is no tracking. You should receive it within 3-4 weeks. If after that you still did not get it, contact agent for replacement.

PM commits to 5-10 business days. Don’t know where your erroneous 4 weeks come from. 

It all depends on your luck. Some people did not receive SIM for a month. So range 5-10 BD is 'nice to have'.

@Meow wrote:

@jaredlph001 wrote:

Sales just told me it can be tracked

What sales? 

Actually  they CANNOT  be tracked in the post system. 

@jaredlph001 wrote:

@jaredlph001 , if someone from sales told you it can be tracked why did that person not give you said tracking #? I ordered a sim card (buy 1 get 1 free) from Public Mobile website which was delivered by Canada Post to the Post Office with no tracking number & it took over 3 weeks to receive it! I was told by a Public Mobile CS_Agent that there was no way to track sim card orders so if you were told differently ask for your order tracking #. Next time I will order my sim cards through Amazon which has much faster deliveries & they deliver right to my door.

@jaredlph001 @Do you remember what day you placed the order ? That can at least give you and idea of when to expect it .. typical u should see it within 10 business day 

jaredlph001

An hour away at best. Hard to get there with no car, and the walk to the post office is too far for daily checking. This sucks

@jaredlph001 wrote:

If THEY told you why THEY did not provide tracking number???

SIM is send by regular mail.

@jaredlph001 @Quickest way would to pick up from a Telus /Koodo store in your area 

jaredlph001

It was through public directly. However would've been cheaper and quicker through Amazon I guess

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jaredlph001 

Did you get a confirmation email from PM with details of transaction after your order?

Yes - just need to wait for the arrival; it is sent by Canada Post and not traceable.

No - checked if you have been charged, then clarify your order with CS.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

jaredlph001

No email at all. I guess I will purchase a card with another carrier. Was expecting to have it no later than today as a birthday gift

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Did you order it from public mobile and not say Amazon ? If Amazon then you would need to check for tracking from Amazon 

@jaredlph001 @Check your spam mail maybe 

jaredlph001

No emails there

@jaredlph001 @Check your emails from pm for tracking then 

jaredlph001

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jaredlph001 @Sim cards take 3 days to 3weeks to arrive only support can give you an idea of when to expect it 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.