cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan 35$ 4G + add-ons U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15/15 days

cucaobp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just registered to the plan 35$ 4G plus I added an add-ons U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15/15 days...

My questions are :

-I see it in my account the add-ons, do I have to activate, any other step or it is automatically activated as soon I pay it?

-Can I call from where I live Canada to an USA number? Or I can only call while whenever I will be in USA?

-I tried to call to an USA number while I'm in Canada and it says does not have fund to call but I already bought the add-ons  add-ons U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15/15 days?

9 REPLIES 9

Not quite,  @cucaobp 

The US roaming add-ons are for purchase when one is on their way to the US as they expire exactly 15 days after purchasing.

They cannot be bought a long time in advance for use when you are traveling to the US some weeks later. 

The recommendation is to purchase these add-ons within 24 hours prior to your departure.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cucaobp 

Are you leaving in the next few days for the US? As the timer has already started counting down the 360 hours til expiry. You can also download textnow to call the US for free and to use on wifi (or mobile data) to make calls when you are in the US and you are unable to connect to T-Mobile's 2G network that pm needs to use for voice calls. US Roaming data and texting uses the 4G LTE network. This post will be helpful but ignore the references to At&t as they no longer appear to be pm's roaming partner.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

cucaobp

Thank you @dust2dust. Cheers!

You can reset the pin in the profile tab in the account.

cucaobp

Many thanks @dust2dust 🙂

I will need both option.

In that case whenever I will be in USA I will be able to roam in USA, can I also call to an Canada number while Im in USA?

Do you know how to reset the PIN? I tried and it said not the right one...

Roaming add-ons are only good for 15 days. But yes you can call Canada.

cucaobp

Many thanks @computergeek541 🙂

In that case whenever I will be in USA I will be able to roam in USA, can I also call to an Canada number while Im in USA?

@cucaobp wrote:

Hello,

I just registered to the plan 35$ 4G plus I added an add-ons U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15/15 days...

My questions are :

-I see it in my account the add-ons, do I have to activate, any other step or it is automatically activated as soon I pay it?

-Can I call from where I live Canada to an USA number? Or I can only call while whenever I will be in USA?

-I tried to call to an USA number while I'm in Canada and it says does not have fund to call but I already bought the add-ons  add-ons U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15/15 days?

Roaming add-ons are activated immediately upon purchase.  They can only be used while you are in the U.S.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. it is automatically activated as soon you pay it

2. you can only call while whenever you will be in USA

3. see #2 above

You'll need the 1000 minute US add-on to call the US from Canada. Ask support to switch it around for you. Click on the chatbot (simon) down below to get to submit a ticket. Choose the pin option rather than the login option. It seems more reliable.

Need Help? Let's chat.