cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Shipped Separate from a Phone?

JimP23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a PublicMobile PreOwned phone earlier this week, and it arrived very quickly, just 2 days later.  But there was no PublicMobile sim card in the phone nor in the box.  Will the sim card be shipped to me separately?

67 REPLIES 67

claudedunn

Public is own by telus, when telus came in queébec, they bought globetrottter, the only company with signal all across parc la verendry going up north and also to La Tuque

Hi @claudedunn  thanks for the update.  Enjoy the great network!!

claudedunn

Just in case you all wonder, its been solved fast and since then, never a problem, great network, lots of help and a very good price, nothing better outhere since your roaming on the widest  network

@claudedunn and

The CSA's are usually very timely but I did have one private message request a few months ago that did not get a response for nearly 30 hours. I followed up my original request made in the morning with a second short private message at 12 hours, 24 hours and shortly before 30 hours when I recieved an almost immediate reply.

Occasionally a private message can be overlooked and the CSA's had extra work yesterday dealing with spam reports and banning accounts from a spam attack overnight. Send a short follow up message under the same subject title just in case your original private message got waylaid.

claudedunn

thanks, yes, i had many members msgs in my mailbox, and in my msg to support, i did send all the need info, sim card numbr, email used, number usedm imei of my phone. hopefully someone will take care of this today, thank you

@claudedunn 

If your credit card was charged then you have activated but the activation did not complete properly and set up your account. This would also cause a provisioning issue with the SIM card making it not work when you put it in your phone. 

I cannot stand Simple--Simon and never go near the guy and send a message via private message only when contacting customer support. Have you been checking your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from a CSA? Response times are usually within the hour.

Their day is just starting so if you don't see a reply in your private message box here in the community by 9 am eastern send a new private nessage using the method below. Put incomplete activation/SIM provisioning in the subject line and include as much info as possible from line #1 and line #2 of the first section and include your SIM card #.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

claudedunn

Actually, i sed both, with no response, and yes, i tried the sim card, not active

@JimP23  happy ending.  I am glad PM  did the right thing and we have a happy customer today  🙂

@claudedunn wrote:

how did you reach a CS Agent, i have been making tickets since 2.00 pm, 3 trys on 3 different browers, charged 3 times on my credit cards, error 821 at the end , no account at all, no answers on tickets,

@claudedunn 

If you have been making tickets, then you must have reach CSA by either of these 2 methods:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Are you having difficulty activating?

Did you insert the SIM card into your phone and see if you have any services?

The extra charges may fall away once the actual charge gets approved....that is if you are looking at your Pending credit card charges.

claudedunn

how did you reach a CS Agent, i have been making tickets since 2.00 pm, 3 trys on 3 different browers, charged 3 times on my credit cards, error 821 at the end , no account at all, no answers on tickets,

Meow
Mayor / Maire

THANK YOU for providing positive feedback and acknowledging that Community support WORKS!!!
I never had doubts Community will come together and help as much as they could.

JimP23

I've posted earlier (July 9 & 28) about my complaint that my CPO phone did not include the promised free SIM card.

I'm happy to report that a CS Agent has now credited my PM account with $10, covering the cost of the card.

Thanks, PM Community, for your support when I raised this issue!

I guess it is what it is. 

If they set you up to be able change default free entry. 

If they choose to ship separately. 

If they choose to not be as informative as possible in a self serve environment. 

If the customer chooses not to read everything thoroughly. 

If this process is not fully understood by the shipping vendor if their is one and by PM. 

They then choose to have customers confused and to make errors.

They should then choose to have excellent no hassle customer service and either deliver a SIM or credit the customers account. And be on the side of the customer. A free 2 buck SIM vs loosing a long term customer??

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LurganIeUk wrote:

uh....Because the source:

1. Might only want to ship phones only

2. Source might not be capable of this for PM and this and a that for others

3. PM may not trust source with a supply of SIMS 

It is a KISS approach. 

Oh ok . 

In my world that is a CYA  approach not a KISS 

if you have told customers 

"Free Public Mobile SIM Card included with each purchase of a Certified Pre-Owned phone."   

@barndoor wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

If you tell someone you are going to give them a free sim with the phone  ... then send them a  free sim like you said you would  OR change the wording of your offer to describe what the situation will be in proper english  not expect them to do it the way you want just because you want . 

It may be that the source of phones are being shipped for more customers than PM. How efficient the accuracy of the inventory level would be, might be interesting. But I have seen it done well. 

What  does source and inventory have to do with whether the product offers are followed as stated by the retailer

uh....Because the source:

1. Might only want to ship phones only

2. Source might not be capable of this for PM and this and a that for others

3. PM may not trust source with a supply of SIMS 

It is a KISS approach. 

barndoor

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

If you tell someone you are going to give them a free sim with the phone  ... then send them a  free sim like you said you would  OR change the wording of your offer to describe what the situation will be in proper english  not expect them to do it the way you want just because you want . 

It may be that the source of phones are being shipped for more customers than PM. How efficient the accuracy of the inventory level would be, might be interesting. But I have seen it done well. 

What  does source and inventory have to do with whether the product offers are followed as stated by the retailer

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Most customers don't reply to messages at 2 am however .

But isn't this kind of a 5 o clock  somewhere scenario . Maybe you British Columbians are mostly  snuggled all tight in yer beds but Newfoundlanders are getting ready to start making calls .😉

@barndoor 

Most customers don't reply to messages at 2 am however I have had an issue taken care of in the middle of the night because I was up and I believe the moderator had already taken care of any assigned duties so had the time to respond to a message I sent expecting a reply in the morning.

Since I send all the necessary info needed to resolve the vast majority of issues I may be taking care of (for my account or the accounts I manage) my presence online isn't needed if the moderator doesn't have any questions for me.....

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

There is always a moderator working they just may not be replying to messages and tickets.

Hhmmm ... you would kind of think that fixing customer issues  would be a priority .

@softech 

There is always a moderator working they just may not be replying to messages and tickets.

none...  🙂

@softech 

I'm not following the zero.......??🤔

@darlicious   .. i like this number song.. 1-2-3-4...

you missed Zero.. Zero  moderator really working  🙂  

@barndoor 

Yes I agree....there are many but not many, many folks that are regulars that answer customer questions. Here are a dozen random estimated facts based on my approximate stats....

1. One female oracle who is mostly on the french side but oracles do switch sides.
  2. Two overnight moderators who may answer urgent requests or reported posts.
  3. Three regulars in the top 1% or should be if there are only 2.
  4. Four regulars whose stats regularily jockey for top 1% badges.
  5. Five oracles who are actively contributing to maintain the community on a daily basis.
  6. Six regulars who are here every single day without fail and if not we worry that they're ok.
  7. Seven iPhone/Apple users that are regulars that can be called upon for troubleshooting.
  8. Eight (on average) members in the top 5% badge/ reward level.
  9. Nine total oracles who help the community with their extensive knowledge and guidance.
  10. Ten (on average) members in the top 10% badge/reward level.
  11. Eleven doubled = 22 (on average) community members in top 3 badge levels.
  12. Twelve moderators that appear to be working at any one time during regular business hours.

@LurganIeUk @softech 

Simple--Simon.... I have tried and tried but in the end I just got so frustrated trying to get along that I have given up trying to figure out Simple--Simon. In my mind its a lost cause.....

Both are annoying. 

Chatbot

Laundry list. 

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

No worry.. worst case, come up on the Community here.. spend just 3 hours or so in a month and answer a few questions for other, you can easily get $1 or $2 Community reward and you can get the $10 back soon  🙂

This might sound very nice but not easily achieved. There are many, many very knowledgeable folks lurking "24/7" in this forum who answer questions few minutes after it is posted.

there is true.. there is expert here ... who see the keyword and will  post an answer at once.. almost like the Chatbot on your right.. except..  also like Chatbot.. the answer might not be relevant..   LoL

(no, i am not that expert..I type slow)

@barndoor wrote:

barndoor

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

No worry.. worst case, come up on the Community here.. spend just 3 hours or so in a month and answer a few questions for other, you can easily get $1 or $2 Community reward and you can get the $10 back soon  🙂

This might sound very nice but not easily achieved. There are many, many very knowledgeable folks lurking "24/7" in this forum who answer questions few minutes after it is posted.

I would argue that there are really not that many  who take care of all the questions .  ..Part of the reason I don't understand why there are so many moderators  here compared to knowledgeable helpers . 

@softech wrote:

Maybe some points could be given just to read messages or for time spent browsing forum?

Need Help? Let's chat.