cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working suddenly on iPhone 11 & 12

modugnot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday, all of a sudden my service stopped. I use an iPhone 11 as my main phone and it worked fine for months since I joined PM. All of a sudden yesterday the network says: phone not allowed.

- I've contacted PM Support as well as Apple.

- I've also followed all of the steps as outlined by Apple and PM.

- Other sim cards work in my phone

- The PM sim card works in my OLD phones (5C and 7).

- My new phones are both from Apple with no carrier lock.

- My new phones are not blacklisted.

- I bought a new sim card and tried it. No dice. Still no service.

- Has anyone else run into these issues with PM and an iphone 11 or 12?

Thank you.

31 REPLIES 31

MinnieMic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am suffering the same problem.  No Service on my iPhone 12 all of a sudden. I tried all the troubleshooting.  Apple replaced my iPhone 12.  So far, I still cannot make phone call on my iPhone 12, still no service!!!   PM has to fix this problem.  Now, I have changed to use the other Service Provider.  But I still prefer PM.  Thus, I hope PM can do an upgrade or update.

modugnot

Unfortunately it's not an Apple issue. We've done everything including replace my iPhone 11. As soon as the latest update is done for PM provider, the phone has no service. Yet any other SIM card works. So it's up to PM to fix. And they've not even responded.

@modugnot Public Mobile can't fix a phone issue. You have to chase Apple.

modugnot

I've put in a port request as tech never responded. It's been 5 days and crickets.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous - I noticed that the OP has skipped over a few different troubleshooting suggestions and has since posted that s/he has given up and moving providers... perhaps that may be a suitable decision if Public Mobile isn't suitable for their needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot : You're probably gone by now but a little google search and (edit:) can we circle back to the previous suggestions of manually scan for this place and connect to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot 

i know all another member try to help you but you are not getting that help at all but we try and you also try with apple,
so how about you can try put it a SIM card for different carrier and if you have any friend or family member they have different carrier to you can test it your iphone 11 &12 and do you check it out the warranty have any on it ?

and just to you know all here is they are customer like you and me, we are try to help you know,

but if you like can Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

or also you can Get a free diagnosis immediately in-store. to get your device fixed.
Find a Store Near You visit  Here  to you get a Technical,

and i hope you will fix it....

modugnot

I did all that. Still no dice. Something happens with the carrier update. I get no service after that.

modugnot

I contacted Apple online and by phone. They told me to reset the phone. I did that and as soon as I put the sim back in and the carrier update was done, NO SERVICE again. So it's something with the carrier update. My iPhone 5C and 7 work fine with the sim card. My iPhone 7 is running the same IOS as the 11 and 12. It also has the latest carrier update. For whatever reason the carrier update makes the 11 and 12 glitch out and there's no service after that.

I've decided to go with another provider because the issue is not being resolved by PM support or tech. Tech is taking way too long to respond. It's 3 days now.

Thanks for your help.

modugnot

I reset my phone as suggested by Apple. The issue still persists with both the iPhone 11 and 12. There seems to be something that happens when the carrier update is done on these two devices. As soon as the carrier update happens, the service goes out. However it works fine on older models. So I don't know what it is about the carrier update and the newer phone models that's glitching. 

Anyway, I've decided to go with a new carrier because this isn't being resolved. Tech is taking WAY too long to respond.

Thanks for all the help. Hope no one else encounters this!

modugnot

You mentioned you bought a new SIM CARD. Does that mean you went through the process of swapping your SIM number to the new number on your Self Serve account?

YES.

When you check the "Change SIM CARD" area on your Self Serve, does it match the last 4-digits of your actual SIM card that is in your phone?
YES

---fyi, once you swap out a SIM card with a new one, you cannot use that previous SIM card any longer for your services, or future service.---

I KNOW 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@modugnot wrote:

Yesterday, all of a sudden my service stopped. I use an iPhone 11 as my main phone and it worked fine for months since I joined PM. All of a sudden yesterday the network says: phone not allowed.

- I bought a new sim card and tried it. No dice. Still no service.

@modugnot , I usually dislike that phrase "sudden my service stopped"...back with the past cases of SIM-jacking and all.

You mentioned you bought a new SIM CARD. Does that mean you went through the process of swapping your SIM number to the new number on your Self Serve account?

When you check the "Change SIM CARD" area on your Self Serve, does it match the last 4-digits of your actual SIM card that is in your phone?

---fyi, once you swap out a SIM card with a new one, you cannot use that previous SIM card any longer for your services, or future service.---

I agree with @BKNS27  that OP probably should bring it to Apple Store.  I understand OP has contacted Apple, but I assume it was just an online support?  hopefully bring it to a store and they can better troubleshoot the issue..

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@modugnot 

Looks like you tried everything I would have thought of.

The only other thing I can think is the IOS updates but don’t think it would make a difference but is it 14.7.1?

You might have to connect to iTunes and see what is indicates or bring it into the Apple Genius Store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot 

How to erase your iPhone visit Here 

Enter your serial number to Check your warranty visit  Here .

You have a chance to try Manual network select yet? 

it it still fail , you really need to  try a Factory Reset on the iPhone if you have not done so.  After the reset, try to plug it in on a computer again with launch iTune.  Try to get all the latest updates as well as the Carrier profile again and see how it goes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot wrote:

update @modugnot 

is the issue is not with public mobile SIM card 

the issue with your device, because you say is working with another device.

i think if you do factory reset iphone maybe is will working or if you have a warranty make call to apply to replacement your device for free if you have remains date for the warranty..

or you can try do factory reset iphone if you like it,

modugnot

The new sim doesn't work. I still see the "phone not allowed" message on my iPhone 11 & 12. The new sim works on my old iPhone 7, as did the old one.

Petro Canada sim works on all phones.

BlueB

@softech wrote:

@modugnot  I searched around and these are the other things that people tried and worked

1. manually select the network instead of letting it choose automatically

2. try changing to 3G only and then choose the network manually

@softech 

That's actually a great suggestion... that solved someone else's "random and unexplained" problem recently!  🙂  Would love to know if this fixes it here too!

BlueB

@modugnot 

If you've done all that - what exactly happened when you called 611, and what have the CS Agents said?

@modugnot  I searched around and these are the other things that people tried and worked

1. manually select the network instead of letting it choose automatically

2. try changing to 3G only and then choose the network manually

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot 

can you reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE

and do rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

modugnot

I already did all that.

@modugnot   hey, the PM Sim you tried on your other phone was the "new" sim you got, right?

just want to confirm SIM Swap did completed successfully

Also, "Phone not allowed" is the exact error message showing on the screen?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@modugnot 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@modugnot   yes, I missed some of the steps you tried

Since the SIM is working on another phone, it is not a outage issue

You contacted PM?  did they explicitly confirm that the phone is not blacklisted?

You tried Network reset?  If still fail, I think it is time to try a full Factory Reset (I know it is painful).

BlueB

@modugnot 

Sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already, awesome!  To confirm that it doesn't work, you've tried dialing 611 as well, correct?  If other SIM cards don't work- both from other accounts and new ones, I'd reach out to a CS Agent (staff) via SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) and open a ticket... it sounds like your account may possibly have a problem (despite working on older phones).  Very strange problem!  Alternatively, you can contact them here but is usually slower to authenticate separately.

modugnot

I mentioned all that in my post.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@modugnot   do you have another working SIM from another provider you can test on this iPhone?

did you get this iPhone from a carrier when it was new? or you buy it from private sell?  just hope the phone is not blacklisted

modugnot

I had no issues up until yesterday. 

Need Help? Let's chat.