cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues, or is Public Mobile doing something?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hello folks,

Anyone experiencing service issues related to calling recently?   I, too, was unable to receive calls (a first for me) on my PM service.   

With the large number of recent similar concerns posted here, can't be a coincidence.

For me, a simple reboot resolved the issue - don't know if it's been that easy for others.

Has anyone reached out to the Customer Support Agents with their issues, and if so, have they offered an explanation you're willing to share here?

@J_PM  -  can an announcement be posted if your crew are aware of anything in the works, please?  Or perhaps a reply/acknowledgement here for others to see.

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No Calls,

No Customer Service

Broken Bot,

Telus or PM messing with customers phone abilities

Account system outage

Incorrect information provided in community by members

Locked out of accounts with 2FA

Painful Activation

Anymore words needed?

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS 

It makes me wonder if every device affected is a relatively new one that has VOLTE enabled or the ability to enable/disable it? Or it was enabled by their previous provider? I've never had it enabled nor know where to find it on my Google Pixel 4 but it's working now. Maybe that where the problem lies?

I'd say your guess was the most accurate to what's happening, @treefrog 

Great guess!

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We contacted a CS agent. This morning a Koodo tech support guy fixed the issue for me. My calling is working now. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Official communication around here has gotten really bad.

I've seen an oracle implying yesterday that affected customers did something wrong (like trying to force the phone to 3G in the hope that it would improve reliability of voice function for their particular phone and area, perhaps?) / that it was a device problem.

Then there was a post from another customer who apparently had a technician help them and suggest that there where some sytem tweaks involved.

It might not affect all customers and the problem seems somewhat random, so I understand that it's hard to pinpoint and find a solution. But there's enough posts by now that we can have an amount of certainty that people are not just making this up.

A simple announcement from management that some people may experience problems, that PM is aware of and working on it, would go a long way. I don't see how the current uncertainty and blame game does the company any good.

If they hope that customers frustrated with this type of problem, or the generally diminishing quality and reliability of voice calls due to the smaller and smaller 3G bandwidth, are "going up the line", they might consider that a fair amount might not stay within the Telus group.

And yes, no voice call ability here either after every trouble shooting step I can do myself (and yes, to those people who think I'm being stupid for being confident that having my phone on 3G minimizes calls directly going to voice mail in the area I spend most of my time) I tried both, auto select  and 3G only. Same result.) I'm smack in the middle of my plan period and, while on the $15 plan, have literally 1000s of minutes available. Also no Telus outages reported for my area.

@treefrog wrote:

Hmmm....I wonder if this update has anything to do with VoLTE? 🤔

Hi @treefrog 

So, we have to suffer first before we get the better  🙂

Thank you, @Dunkman 

Well, as long as they’re aware, that’s the first step.

It would still be beneficial if they at least acknowledged awareness.  It would demonstrate that they are “on it” for the many folks who not only are seeking answers, but are helping to respond to them.

Don’t you think?

@HALIMACS 

Public mobile was aware since yesterday morning. No official response yet.  Normally, they don't response until they determined a "fix".  

Similar issues with my account.  Stopped working about 5 PM yesterday.  Try rebooting several times.  This morning about 7 AM, just start working.  I did not need to submit a ticket.  My plan did renew overnight. 

I will try to update later if there is any news.  

I figured there’s no sense barraging the customer support group as they’ve likely got their hands full.

I doubt J_ pm will get back to me, but it certainly would benefit the community for them to post something.

Well @HALIMACS , guess you already tagged J_PM, so maybe you get a response from them; therefore no need for a CSA ticket.

Nah @esjliv 🙂

I try to reserve contact to the CSA group when I need them to help resolve something pertaining to my account which I cannot resolve myself.

I’ll let others who can’t resolve their issue with typical troubleshooting measures do so.

However, if it recurs in the next few days, I likely will.

Getman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This issue affected number of customers. Reboot worked for my 2 family members, but not for me. We have same IPhone SE 2020, so I doubt it is phone hardware/software related.

waiting for resolution from CSA.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS - there has definitely been increases in these types of issues. I have not experienced issues yet, but I did submit a ticket to ask what could be happening. No response yet.

Maybe you could submit a ticket too, and see what they say.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hmmm....I wonder if this update has anything to do with VoLTE? 🤔

No,  @softech 

It renewed about 10 days ago.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HALIMACS   For the account with problem, is renewal coming up very soon or just passed in the last 2 days or so?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@HALIMACS   Yes, many customers  experienced voice issues, incoming and outgoing.  

Seems that it has nothing to do with location but strictly and account issue (couples in the same hoursehold, one has perfect service the other one has voice issue)

According to a users who responded back after issue was resolved by agent: ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/6-UT-1-error-message/m-p/954660/highlight... ) :

was told there was a system wide update last night that impacted some customers country wide. Apparently they tweeted the system. 

So, best to open ticket with PM support and ask them to escalate for Telus technician to look into it

Need Help? Let's chat.