cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL continually losing connection to service for months now.

PapaWolf65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I posed about this issue about a month ago, but now the issue is even worse!! Since May, I continually lose connection to the network. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps many times (airplane mode on and off, resetting network settings, setting up a new APN, switching network modes, and even having an agent remotely reset my settings) more times than I even care to remember. 
I'm on the $15 3G only plan, and I have read posts here stating that 3G is being phased out. Whether this would cause my phone to keep losing connection to the PM network or not I have no clue.
Since I last posted the issue has gotten worse, and I am unable to connect to the network more often now than I can connect to it, meaning I am not able to use the service I am paying for, which makes me feel like I am literally throwing my money away for nothing.

What makes this even worse, is when I try to log into my account to come here and get help, the two factor authentication wants to send me a verification code in order to log in to get help... How can I get the verification code when I can't connect to the network to receive the text with the verification code?
Even worse, whenever I try to submit a ticket I either get an error code page, or a 404 page.

I really don't want to switch providers, as I have been with PM for many years now. But if this issue can not be resolved, I will be forced to find a new provider!

12 REPLIES 12

PapaWolf65

I spoke with Jorge, a CSA, and he sent me a new SIM card.

I received the new SIM card today. I turned off my phone, switched the SIM cards, entered the new SIM card number under my profile, then turned the phone back on. At first I still got the No Service message. So I reset my network settings, turned my phone off, then turned it back on, but now all I am getting is the message switching back and forth from Emergency Calls Only to No Service.

This is getting very frustrating. I have been paying for service since May, but have not been able to use the service since May. That's three full months now that I have paid for service I can't even use...... I mentioned this to Jorge and not a single mention of credit for the three months of no service, and I am STILL stuck with no cell service. Not happy at all, especially after so many years of good service!! What changed????

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would assume you have lots of bars of reception where you did your tests...if correct...then I looks like your SIM. I know that Telus does guarantee their SIMS and I have collected on it.....they gave me a credit on my account. 

So contact a CSA and see if they will do....or buy a new one and write if off as an experience. But if it has caused months of no services you may want to push for some credits. 

@PapaWolf65 wrote:

It's a total lack of connection to the Public Mobile network, calls, texts, and data. I've done all that softech. I've tried my sim in other phones and same issues. I've tried other people's sims from other providers (Freedom, Lucky, Fido, etc) in my phone and they work fine. I've tried it in other areas and the issues persists. However, even if it worked in other areas, that does not help me, because I rarely travel and need the service where I am.
I sent a message at the link you provided...

"I've tried my sim in other phones and same issues. I've tried other people's sims from other providers (Freedom, Lucky, Fido, etc) in my phone and they work fine. " then there's a problem with your sim card, you should buy a new PM sim card. Don't order online that will take a while. Try buy it at Telus store. 

PapaWolf65

Please read all my posts Grinch. I have done all that.....

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As mentioned, try SIM in another phone. 

Also for the 2 factor...once the text goes (and you don't receive) choose resend and select "email address". 

Has  your phone been taken apart lately? Perhaps an antennae problem. 

Never the less the BEST answer here is....move SIM to another UNLOCKED phone and see what happens. That will help determine your issue...phone or SIM card.  I have 3 3G plans...and NO issues. 

PapaWolf65

As I stated softech, I have already done all that more times than I can even remember.

@PapaWolf65 wrote:

If it was the sim card why would it connect some times, but not all the time softech? I already stated I sent a message to that link.

@PapaWolf65 

sim card rarely fails but it is possible.  it could be a loose contact issue or so.

You can start off by taking it out again and wipe it clean and try again

you can also see if PM willing to reimburse you a new one

Again, it could be an issue with local network, but you will have to test to see if it connects better in another area and just keep failing in particular places

PapaWolf65

If it was the sim card why would it connect some times, but not all the time softech? I already stated I sent a message to that link.

@PapaWolf65 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to refresh your account and see if it helps

it could also be the sim card.  Ask them if they can reimburse you the cost of the  card so you can buy a new one and test

message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

PapaWolf65

It's a total lack of connection to the Public Mobile network, calls, texts, and data. I've done all that softech. I've tried my sim in other phones and same issues. I've tried other people's sims from other providers (Freedom, Lucky, Fido, etc) in my phone and they work fine. I've tried it in other areas and the issues persists. However, even if it worked in other areas, that does not help me, because I rarely travel and need the service where I am.
I sent a message at the link you provided...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PapaWolf65 

first, 3G is staying around, so that is not the issue

Also you can change the network mode to 3G , 4G or even 5G.  All PM subscribers can use any of those network, just that the network speed will be capped account to your plan

so, you cannot even connect to PM network?  or just voice calls issue?

Try to reseat your sim card with a reboot.  Power off the phone, take sim card out and wipe it clean before you put it back and power up.  See if it helps

Also, try in different area and see if it works better elsewhere

and it could be your device problem too.  what phone do you have? get a phone from friend and test it a day or two to confirm if it is a device issue or not

For open ticket, yes.  Chatbot is not working, so best to message them instead.

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PapaWolf65 

try the sim on another phone

and to submit ticket, please submit to agent using direct message :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.