cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot revive or make call in the USA after purchasing 15 days unlimited text or call add-on

JohnYuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased unlimited message and talk in the USA. But I cannot make or receive calls. I can received text message@CS_Agent

20 REPLIES 20

JohnYuan

Thanks for all the replies. Yes we have to contact the agents to resolve this issue.  The agent had to reset something and it’s now working. Thanks 

@JohnYuan wrote:

Both of us could make calls yesterday and we stayed at the same place.

@JohnYuan - WE ARE NOT CS agents here. We are members and customers just like you on the Community Forum.

Ensure both your accounts are still Active. If this was both your 2nd time purchasing this same Roaming addon, and the first one didn't fully expire yet (15 days + 24 hours, if this is still the case, SILLY i know), then you will need CSA to get it active for your ahead of time.

Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) can be contacted below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, OR

2-go to your envelope at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message. Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

Yeah we need more details OP. It'll be difficult to help without answers to these questions. Have to checked your account in Incognito Mode? I'm curious if your monthly plan expired with no payment...the roam in ng add-on means nothing if your core plan expired.

@JohnYuan wrote:

HI @JohnYuan 

what phone you have ? do you know if you were using VoLTE? 

Any more answers to all the questions? iphone or Android? Do you have wifi available?

Adding - this is what the add-ons should look like. The counter is important. And that the accounts are active and not suspended (on hold) for a possible autopay failure.

dust2dust_0-1677977385390.png

@JohnYuan  Roaming in the US can be hit or miss . If it worked yesterday and not today . I’m guessing you’re not in the same area where it once’s worked . You will need to try different areas as not everywhere in the US you happen to be will always get service unfortunately. If you can’t see T mobile on your phone it won’t work 

JohnYuan

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do both accounts renew at the same time? Did both accounts get the add-on at the same time? When did you buy the add-ons?
Have you gone to a different area since yesterday?
Do you know if both devices have been enabled for volte here yet? Are you able to change the phone down to 2G GSM manually?

JohnYuan

Both of myself and my wife are experiencing the same issues. So it must not be my account alone.

JohnYuan

Yes it says roaming and it worked yesterday :((

And does the roaming add-on show 0/15 or something more than 0?

Adding - and is your account still active?

JohnYuan

Yes I checked everything and it say unlimited text and calls including roaming wording. I was able to yesterday and my wife had the exact the same issue.

the error message says I used all my minutes but this is unlimited add-on

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like you are connected to the network, including voice calls. Your issue sounds like it's to do with your PM account. I'm guessing the add-on purchase didn't complete, or you purchased the wrong add-on. Make sure the add-on says "roaming", as US calling minutes alone won't work.

@JohnYuan  Tagging the agent won’t work you need to private message them using the link 

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Adding but first check what @dust2dust to you about spinner thingy in my account looks like this @JohnYuan 

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1690567840630.jpeg

For most up to date account info

Are you sure you bought the roaming add-on and not the 1000 minute US add-on? Click on the little spinner refresh icon by the shop add-ons button and look for the roaming add-on with the #/15 in it.

JohnYuan

@CS_Agents click. The message said that I used all my minutes which is impossible as this is unlimited call and text

JohnYuan

It complained that I used all my minutes??? But this is unlimited text and talk. Frustrated as I need to make a call asap

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you manually change the networks down to 2G GSM? T-Mobiles 2G coverage is also much less than LTE.
Do you know if your phone has been enabled for volte here yet? Does your phone have a volte option showing? If so then turn it on and see if it works.

Are you able to send real sms texts?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnYuan  Make sure you’re connected to T mobile and reboot your phone . Test in different areas .if this happens to be a rebuy of the same US add on you need to wait 24 hours after first one ends or get support to apply it for you back to back . With out the wait 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnYuan , are you able to connect to the T-Mobile network while roaming in the US?  Have you confirmed that you are getting VoLTE calling prior to entering into the US?  If you only have access to 3G calling, then it will be very challenging to be able to make or receive calls.  You would need to be in an area where T-Mobile offers 2G service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.