cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US add on with data

Amanda67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been purchasing a $30 roaming add-on that includes 3GB of data as well as unlimited texting for 15 days but I can no longer find that option under add-ons. There is just a 15-day unlimited texting one. How do I find that add-on again?

TIA, everyone!

11 REPLIES 11

Amanda67

Yes, I did double up on the exact same add-on.

@Amanda67   were you double up the same roaming addon?   

The restriction was for roaming addon only and for re-buying the exact same add-on.  Buying a different one is ok.  I imagine it could be an issue with updating the roaming add-on you purchased between PM and T-Mobile, something cannot sync instantly.  But that is just my wild guess.  All I know is that this has been an issue for sometimes, and likely a limitation that PM cannot solve.

Also, another rule is no two roaming addon can have talk at the same time or the phone calls would hang up after 10 seconds or so.  So, if you got Talk/Text on Day 1 and decide to buy bundle (Talk/Text/Data) on day 4.  Right at the moment the bundle was purchased, you will experience that talk only for 10 seconds or so issue

Amanda67

Thanks so much for all the help. I did open the ticket so fingers crossed that I get a timely answer. If I may...it seems a silly restriction that I must wait 24 hours but it was okay for me to double up a day. Can you help me understand what rationale might be responsible for this?

@Amanda67   if you don't remember the approximate time you made the purchase, I don't think anywhere on My Account has that time info.

Let's hope you open the ticket and PM support replies you way before the 12 or 24 hours mark  🙂

Amanda67

How do I know the exact time that my add-on expires?!?

@Amanda67 wrote:

Will I get help with my ticket quicker than waiting the 24 hrs?

@Amanda67   Likely YES.  You can just open it first and wait at the same time

You can open the ticket first 

And you can try again at the 12 hours mark (12 hours after the expiry time of your first roaming set) and see if it works, some said 12 hours is good enough

if it still fails and no reply at the 24 hours mark, you can probably buy it yourself without problem

Amanda67

Will I get help with my ticket quicker than waiting the 24 hrs?

@Amanda67 wrote:

Log in to my account, you mean? So I set my browser to incognito and then go to the public mobile site? 

@Amanda67 Yes

@Amanda67 wrote:

I did finish 15 days but last time it let me do it before I had actually finished, so technically I paid twice for one day but at least I had service when without wifi

if you just finished a 15 days roaming, you need to wait 24 hours (some said 12 hours) before you can re-buy the exact same roaming add-on (buying a different one is ok without the wait), or PM will just charge you and let the fund sits in the Available fund but not used for re-buy

So, if you just finished a 15 days roaming and it has not 24 hours yet, I encouage you to open ticket with PM support and ask them to help re-buy

Amanda67

Log in to my account, you mean? So I set my browser to incognito and then go to the public mobile site? 

I did finish 15 days but last time it let me do it before I had actually finished, so technically I paid twice for one day but at least I had service when without wifi

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Amanda67 wrote:

I have been purchasing a $30 roaming add-on that includes 3GB of data as well as unlimited texting for 15 days but I can no longer find that option under add-ons. There is just a 15-day unlimited texting one. How do I find that add-on again?

TIA, everyone!

If you are trying to purchase it just as one expired you will need to let 24 hours go by before that is available to you again for purchase.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Amanda67   Try to login again using Incognito mode and see if you can find it there

Also, did you just finish a set of 15 days roaming and re-buying a second set?  If so, you will need to wait 24 hours after the first set expired before you can re-buy yourself, or you need PM support's help to re-buy for you

Need Help? Let's chat.