cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL WAITING FOR ACTIVATION

Traveler87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI,

I am trying to be patient but my issues have gone UNADDRESSED since Sunday.

My phone which has been ported to Public doesn't work because activation failed at the Kiosk as well as online (even though my debit and credit card both got charged several times when the agent attempted to register/activate my account--and now I am disputing the charges since there is no one to speak to at public mobile...really starting to re-think how good this model is).

This is unacceptable.  My phone is now on Public Mobile but I have no way of using it, it reads: "No Service" and my old provider confirmed it has been ported.

It would be great to hear something other than: wait for a moderator.  I have been waiting. 

32 REPLIES 32

Traveler87

@mimmo wrote:

@Traveler87  wIting for mods is the only thing that can be done.

Since you activated at a kiosk you don't have a self serve account and really can't do anything. Other than wait for mods.  I. Your message to them include your sim number and any details you have date time place etc...

The only helpful suggestion I have is try the sim in a different phone, or try doing a manual network search (you might have locked networks to your previous provider)

This is also a very long shot but I believe kiosks/retailers might have a number to contact for activation failures, which only they can use.  You could go back to where you bought sim from,,But from my recollection they need to call immediately after the issue, as it's tied into transaction id's or something, hence the long shot... 

thanks for the feedback, i'm still waiting for mods. will try putting the sim card in a different phone but i know my phone is unlocked. as for the kiosk, the guy there said he didnt have any other options so i don't think he can do anything for me...thanks though

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Traveler87  I would be hesitant to dispute charges at this point in time.  from what i recall accounts that have disputed charges (done charge backs) have been asked to send certified cheques as a payment  method.    If this will be asked from you if you do a charge back I do not know.   

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Traveler87  wIting for mods is the only thing that can be done.

Since you activated at a kiosk you don't have a self serve account and really can't do anything. Other than wait for mods.  I. Your message to them include your sim number and any details you have date time place etc...

The only helpful suggestion I have is try the sim in a different phone, or try doing a manual network search (you might have locked networks to your previous provider)

This is also a very long shot but I believe kiosks/retailers might have a number to contact for activation failures, which only they can use.  You could go back to where you bought sim from,,But from my recollection they need to call immediately after the issue, as it's tied into transaction id's or something, hence the long shot... 

kelvinKK

HI,

Please following the belowe step and try again......

===========================================

Checking your phone's compatibility

To test your phone’s compatibility with our network, click here. Other good resources for checking phone compatibility include our Community, and willmyphonework.net . Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your phone will work on our mobile network.

Unlocking your phone

To unlock your phone from a previous provider, you will need to contact them. As of December 1, 2017, device unlocking fees are $0.

Getting a Public Mobile SIM card

We provide a triple punch SIM card that will fit into almost any phone you choose. Determine your phone’s SIM card size by checking the SIM tray, and remove the parts of the SIM card that you don’t need.

When purchasing a SIM card, you can choose to do so online or at one of our retail partners. For a list of retail partners, see here under Step 2.

If you are purchasing a SIM card online, here is what you should know:

• The price is $10 per SIM card, and this purchase is non-refundable.
  • We ship SIM cards within Canada only, and there is no shipping charge.
  • Allow 3-7 business days for your SIM to arrive in the mail.
  • At this time, we do not provide a tracking number for SIM cards. If you haven’t received your SIM card after 7 business days, contact our Moderator Team here.
    • Note that you will need a Community account to contact Moderators. If you don’t have a Community account, and want to make one, click here.
  • Your plan’s price is determined based on the day that you activate your SIM card, meaning that we cannot guarantee that you can take advantage of pricing offers available when you order your SIM card. For time-sensitive promotions, we recommend purchasing your SIM card at a retail partner to ensure there is minimal delay between purchasing and activating the SIM card.

To purchase your Public Mobile SIM card now, click here. We recommend you use the same email address for purchasing your SIM card that you will use for activating your SIM card.

@Traveler87 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Traveler87 wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Traveler87 Oupsy.... did you try the list/stolen trick?

what is that?!!

Log into your account, select plans/add ons tab, select phone lost, select suspend, log out, wait 5 mins, long back in and report phone found.  Restart phone, this sometimes resets the sim and account.

wish i could, I don't have an account to log into since there was a failure in my activation 

@Traveler87  Hopefully the @CS_Agent  will respond soon. If it's been more than 48 hours please send them another message and ask them for a status update. Hang in there!

Traveler87

@dabr wrote:

@Traveler87 wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

what is that?!!

Log into your account, select plans/add ons tab, select phone lost, select suspend, log out, wait 5 mins, long back in and report phone found.  Restart phone, this sometimes resets the sim and account.

wish i could, I don't have an account to log into since there was a failure in my activation 

Traveler87

iphone 6s

@hycm53 wrote:

@Traveler87 wrote:

HI,

My phone which has been ported to Public doesn't work because activation failed at the Kiosk as well as online (even though my debit and credit card both got charged several times when the agent attempted to register/activate my account--and now I am disputing the charges since there is no one to speak to at public mobile...really starting to re-think how good this model is).

This is unacceptable.  My phone is now on Public Mobile but I have no way of using it, it reads: "No Service" and my old provider confirmed it has been ported.

It would be great to hear something other than: wait for a moderator.  I have been waiting. 

What's made of phone? And what's model of phone? Try give more details, then someone will help you.

iphone 6s

Traveler87

@Anonymous wrote:

@oilpaint wrote:

ok so who are the actual mods? 

If you see an Orange PM or a blue MOD icon next to a user then they're Public Mobile people. They only occasionaly post here. Alan_K posts assorted announcements. The mods take private messages in this system from people with account or deeper technical issues. As Traveler87 has already done.

Unfortunately, they take WAY too long to reply. But it's the system we have.

thanks for your input, i really appreciate it 

Traveler87

@stonechucker wrote:

The Moderator_Team account via private messaging is the way to go.  If they haven't responded.. you'll have to wait.  It's unfortunate that you don't have any patience.

four days is a lot of patience. 

Traveler87

@computergeek541 wrote:

@oilpaint wrote:

@stonechucker  @mimmo @computergeek541  ASAP

Sorry, but none of us work for Public Mobile and we do not have access to accounts.

Alan_K is with the company, and while I suspect that he does have customer account access (Alan, please correct me if I'm wrong), Public Mobile has a team of moderators who are directly responsible for providing customer service and for fixing account issues.  As stonechucker was saying, the people you want to get in touch with are the people who use the Moderator_Team username.

and i am waiting for them to reply....i am writing this in hopes of getting someone's attention because it has really taken too long i am alarmed at how slow and frustrating this process has been

Traveler87

@geopublic wrote:

@Traveler87 wrote:

HI,

@Traveler87  This is a perfect example why during activation you should always pick a temporary number and once activation is complete and you have setup your selfserve account and everything is to your satisfaction then and only then should you setup the port. 

Where you able to create a selfserve account? If not, then you are at the mercy of the moderators. Hopefully they will be able to get you going and you won't lose your number. If I were you I would'n be doing chargebacks until this issue has been resolved because that will only add to the problem.

Edit:Login into selfservice select the Plan & Add-ons tab what number is showing on that screen? Are your plan details correct?

I can't log in to self service, my activation was never complete. i try registering it says my number is invalid and doesn't recognize my email. 

it's good to know there are best practices (getting a temporary number), this should be taught to all mobile kiosk personnel because I am a new customer and have no idea how this works???? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oilpaint wrote:

how is anyone supposed to know that? If what you're saying is correct, then this should be standardized across their system if there porting does not work. Having no contact phone # is probably the cheapest n irresponsible move by business I have ever encountered. 

You're not required to know it. Many people happily sign up and transfer their number from their previous provider all at the same time without issue.

For those that might have figured out to come here and investigate possible hiccups and known issues before activating then they could use some of the tips and workarounds to avoid *possible* problems.

Porting is tricky due to coordination between companies. But for the most part, if done correctly, it works just fine.

@oilpaint wrote:

Sorry, but none of us work for Public Mobile and we do not have access to accounts.

Alan_K is with the company, and while I suspect that he does have customer account access (Alan, please correct me if I'm wrong), Public Mobile has a team of moderators who are directly responsible for providing customer service and for fixing account issues.  As stonechucker was saying, the people you want to get in touch with are the people who use the Moderator_Team username.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oilpaint wrote:

If you see an Orange PM or a blue MOD icon next to a user then they're Public Mobile people. They only occasionaly post here. Alan_K posts assorted announcements. The mods take private messages in this system from people with account or deeper technical issues. As Traveler87 has already done.

Unfortunately, they take WAY too long to reply. But it's the system we have.

@oilpaint wrote:

@oilpaint  The ones that have MOD after their name.

The Moderator_Team account via private messaging is the way to go.  If they haven't responded.. you'll have to wait.  It's unfortunate that you don't have any patience.

@oilpaint wrote:

Moderators are the employees of PM, the rest replying here are customers like yourself. 

@oilpaint, I'm not an employee, and in fact, I'm at my own workplace right now trying to resolve my own issues with customers.  Tagging me with an ASAP puts you at the bottom of my list for assisting out my free time that has yet to be made available this afternoon.

Try to work the system here at Public Mobile.  Provide as much information as you can with the community of users, without revealing personal information, and maybe someone with experience here can assist you further.

BTW, I do this because I like to assist others where I can.  Demanding of my attention is not favourable.

oilpaint

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oilpaint wrote:

@oilpaint 

Those people are what are called Oracles here. They are long established fellow customers. They can't do anything about accounts. Your tag to Alan_K is kinda useless without some actual description.

oilpaint

@oilpaint wrote:

how is anyone supposed to know that? If what you're saying is correct, then this should be standardized across their system if there porting does not work. Having no contact phone # is probably the cheapest n irresponsible move by business I have ever encountered. 

@oilpaint wrote:

When signing up for PM it's best to read as much a possible about the port in process and print the instructions off while activating.  It's not the most user friendly site, but human errors occur and cause these issues.

oilpaint

oilpaint

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Traveler87 wrote:

HI,

@Traveler87  This is a perfect example why during activation you should always pick a temporary number and once activation is complete and you have setup your selfserve account and everything is to your satisfaction then and only then should you setup the port. 

Where you able to create a selfserve account? If not, then you are at the mercy of the moderators. Hopefully they will be able to get you going and you won't lose your number. If I were you I would'n be doing chargebacks until this issue has been resolved because that will only add to the problem.

Edit:Login into selfservice select the Plan & Add-ons tab what number is showing on that screen? Are your plan details correct?

@Traveler87 wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

what is that?!!

oilpaint

woah, i'd be so mad if both my money was taken and still have no service???! hello moderators!! wake up!!! 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Traveler87 wrote:

HI,

What's made of phone? And what's model of phone? Try give more details, then someone will help you.

Traveler87

did that. still waiting...

Traveler87

@Lieux wrote:

what is that?!!

Need Help? Let's chat.