cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick & fast - well done, Walmart!

ipartner48
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you don't know already, Walmart has free Sim card and free activation and already discounted my monthly plan by $2 as i am using a credit card. Phone went active in 30 minutes - awesome!

11 REPLIES 11

ipartner48

And today i checked on my account and i see a $25 credit waiting for me - all because of Walmart! Just keeps getting better:)

ipartner48

Bottom line, i had a great experience working with Walmart. And I don't think of it as being 'reeled in' - that sounds way too negative for my liking. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ipartner48 Welcome to PM, and thanks for posting a positive experience you had with Walmart. 

Just so you're aware although the free SIM is a Walmart promo, however there is no such thing as an activation fee with PM (so the Walmart rep pretty much said that maybe to just reel you in even more and activate with them).  The $2 monthly plan reduction because you're paying via credit card every month is called auto-pay, and that's standard with all PM plans (so again another PM thing, not Walmart).  So sounds like unfortunately they didn't do much that is above and beyond the standard other than getting you a free SIM and getting it active in 30 minutes.  But considering how things have gone with Walmart in the last few months, I'd also call that a successful activation. Smiley LOL

zacharywolfe

ipartner48

Of course they do not care - they do not and are not meant to do aftermarket customer service. That is why PM is so cheap - you have to go thru the PM website for service. Walmart only sells the card - nothing else.

zacharywolfe

ipartner48

Why would you do an at home activation when they can do it all for you?

@ipartner48 wrote:

Walmart was in Okotoks, Alberta. As per the lady in Electronics, all of Walmart Canada offers these cards and provide the same service - free sim, free activation and she ported my old number at the same time.. I really was shocked when PM was already working on my phone is 30 minutes or less.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience.  It would be interesting if you went back and asked to just purchase the SIM card for an at home activation, I would bet the experience would be completely different as that is when there seems to be issues with the process at Walmart.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ipartner48

Walmart was in Okotoks, Alberta. As per the lady in Electronics, all of Walmart Canada offers these cards and provide the same service - free sim, free activation and she ported my old number at the same time.. I really was shocked when PM was already working on my phone is 30 minutes or less.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ipartner48, thanks for the good news story.  It would be nice if you could indicate which store.  The number of bad news stories from Walmart is a lot greater than the good news stories.  Of course, bad news is reported at a greater rate than good news. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@ipartner48 wrote:

If you don't know already, Walmart has free Sim card and free activation and already discounted my monthly plan by $2 as i am using a credit card. Phone went active in 30 minutes - awesome!

Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Welcome to PM

Need Help? Let's chat.