cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS

Livjer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i transferred my account to your public my sms is not working what can i do?

20 REPLIES 20

Livjer

ill call again then

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Livjer : Did you cancel it? Or did it stop on its own? Did you do the confirm from a text from Bell? Was your Bell active when you tried to port?

Call the number again or go through the CSA's here to fix it.

Livjer

yes my bell not active anymore, dont know what wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Livjer : You _are_ a Telus customer. Apparently that call centre doesn't quite get that. Tell them Public Mobile is a Telus company much like Koodo. That the line you called is the porting help number for all of Telus.

To review...when you attempted the port from Bell a few days ago, did you leave the Bell SIM in to confirm the transfer? If so, then it would seem some other problem is going on. If not, then does your Bell SIM still work? Is that account still active? Don't cancel it yourself. The act of porting cancels it automatically...if successful

Livjer

i called 3 different agents none could help unless im telus customer

Livjer

please bear with me as im new on this thing and trying to get important documents filled out by using sms and tried several times not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeniseL : That is indeed clearly obvious. But they don't seem to be reading replies. Maybe they don't know how. Thus my comment of missing the old version of the forum of being and to edit the subject line. They were given a number to call to get what is likely a porting error fixed. Yet they keep making new threads with the same question.

Are you having a porting problem? Shall I send you the number you can call?

DeniseL

Clearly it isn't be dealt with and there is a level of frustration with not being able to get the service that you're paying for.  It's quite condensing when people see replies like yours.  I actually thought you could help since I'm having the same issue.  Only for me to see this silly response 

No need to open new thread posting same question! Use first one you already started and continue asking/posting there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Livjer : Please stop making new threads. Click on a prior one and click any Reply button or even just click in the bottom reply box to reply. You've already been given a number to call to re-do the transfer. But you need to read this reply to know to read that reply. Sigh. I miss being able to use the subject line to get the attention of an OP.

Livjer

it looks like my portting didnt work but i can still make or text but cant receive them, what can i do or should do?

Livjer

rebooted several times

@Livjer wrote:

samsung s9, cant receive call or text, 

@Livjer   sound like the porting was not successful.  did you get a text from your old provider and did you reply YES within 90 mins?

there is a support line you can call and talk to live person.  I will private message you the number.  Please check the Community inbox , envelope icon on the top right.  Call them and they will provide the porting status and will asssist

Livjer

samsung s9, cant receive call or text, 

Livjer

i transfered from bell to pblic couple days ago but my SMS dont work . i can make a call but cant receive one, i can send a text but cant receive one, what can i do

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Livjer   What kind of phone do you have?  brand and model

you can receive incoming calls? 

how about outgoing calls? outgoing text?

did you try to put your sim in another phone to test?  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You do not have to post duplicate messages... We will help you out here.

Did you port your number?

Do other services work? Calls/Internet?

Is your PM account active? What self-service account says?

Did you try to reboot your phone?

@Livjer wrote:

SMS dont work transferred in a couple days

@Livjer   you meant you are trying to port out from PM in couple days?  Please remember that your PM plan must still be active for porting out to go through

is your phone service working without issue?

Can you at lest text to your friend?

do you just have problem with incoming text from your friends?  

did you try to put your PM SIM in another phone?

provide us more details what you have done.  If you can receive calls, the text issue could be just a device setting and not PM system

update: see your other posts now.. let me reply there.

Livjer

SMS dont work transferred in a couple days

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Livjer 

More details would be helpful.  

Are you able to talk?  ie. receive phone calls

Able to send out texts?

Data?

Did you respond to your original carrier text  to confirm port request?  

How long ago did you port over?  It can take a few hours for port to complete.

If incomplete port, you should be able to call and text out.  Unable to receive call or texts.  

Need Help? Let's chat.