cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close a Public Mobile account

embacher
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My good friend recently passed away and his widow asked me to close his account. I cannot get into his account because I don't know the password. I could use the change password function but I don't have the password for his e-mail account. Any suggestions how I can close his account.....Ernie

6 REPLIES 6

embacher
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

nothing was written down.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

By any chance did friend have his passwords on a computer, phone or on paper?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@embacher 

Sorry to hear about your loss.

The CS_Agent will need all the credentials to avoid fraudulent activities.

If he is on AutoPay, I highly recommend that you cancel all his credit cards. This will stop payment to PM and his account will be suspended/cancelled and closed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@embacher , if you are unable to access personal information on this account, I am not sure that it will be an easy task to gain access to account.  The CSAs will not help someone that is not the account owner get access to the account.  That said, do you know if the account is on autopayment?  If it is, one method would be to work from the payment card end by deactivating the payment card.  The account will go into suspension and will close automatically after 90 days of non payment.  There are no financial penalties by doing this.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your loss. Good of you to take on some of these lousy tasks. Usually, credit cards get cancelled upon death. Doing so will not let the account renew. The account suspends. Then 90 days later it deactivates and it's off the books.

Of course this only works if his own card was used here. If the card is shared (same number) then that can be worked around by logging into the credit card account to pause it. Call 18554public and enter his number to hear the balance and renewal date. The evening before that date, pause the payment card, then the next mid-day unpause it. That's assuming the widow can get into that credit card account to pause it.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that 😞

It will be a little bit difficult.

Easiest will be to log in into his self-serving account, remove autopay and credit card details. After 90 days of no payment his account will be closed/deleted. If he had autopay set his account might continue to renew until credit card expires. Somebody should talk to the credit card issuer to reject charge from PM; that way his renewal will not be successful and account will be suspended and after 90 days closed.

If that is not possible I would suggest contacting agent: send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain situation. Agent should be able to help you out; agent might ask you for death certificate.

Need Help? Let's chat.