cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not working on ported number (iPhone 12)

KingOfTown
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched my number over from Bell to PM last week. My phone is a Galaxy S20+ and everything went smoothly.  It's working great for me. 

Two days ago, my wife ported her number from Bell over to PM. Her phone is an iPhone 12 Pro Max. She has voice and mobile data but she can't receive or send SMS. 

I have the $34/month 50GB in Canada plan. My wife has the $40/month 60GB Canada-US plan. Both say that they have unlimited text but I'm bringing this up in case there's a known issue with the Canada-US plans that I'm unaware of. 

So far we've tried restarting the phone, turning iMessage and FaceTime off and on, turning Airplane mode on and off, and checked the APN settings (her phone has "isp.mb.com"). 

We also tried swapping SIM cards, putting hers in my phone and mine in hers. When we did that,  her phone recognized my number but still couldn't send texts. My phone with her SIM didn't recognize any Mobile providers at all and didn't show her phone number. 

She can still iMessage with people who have iPhones but it looks like her number is cached there - after 28 more days, that will go away as well. I don't know if this is relevant but for what it's worth, when she iMessaged our son it came up on his phone with my wife's number but it opened a new thread. 

She opened a case with PM yesterday but hasn't gotten a reply yet.  

She needs to get SMS working to talk with her friends and coworkers- if need be, I'll move her back to Bell but I'd really rather not. We have a road trip coming up and Canada-US plan seems perfect for that. At this point, what else can we try? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

@KingOfTown  Happy to hear you got a resolve , welcome to public mobile 

KingOfTown

We have it fixed now. CS said that they made some changes on on their end. They said to turn off the phone for 5 minutes (we left it off for 10) and reset network settings again. SMS is now working. Next, we have to get iMessage and Facetime to verify the phone number but my guess is that we'll be able to do that now that we have SMS back. 

David902

I'm having the same issue switched last night cant send texts today tried restarting my phone thinking it might solve the issue now I can't even get in my email because it wants to text me the code haha this is so frustrating 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@KingOfTown   She opened a case with PM yesterday but hasn't gotten a reply yet.  

Hopefully they will reply soon, their hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST.  However, someone posted yesterday that they had contacted support and there is currently a known SMS problem affecting Telus and Koodo and so presumably PM.  See this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Text-won-t-work/td-p/1177717 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KingOfTown  This is happening to often please 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1712412788934.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.