cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS/MMS - Unable to send photos through messages on Android phone - Ulefone 12x Pro

Kona42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just got a new phone and am able to send a photo when the person has RTS but not MMS. 

How can I change this?  It just says sending when I go to attempt to send a photo in Messages App on Android phone.  It is the same with receiving a photo, it just says downloading and times out.  I have turned on the Mobile Data and Volte on the phone.   

Could it be a VERY old Public Mobile Sim card?  This one is about 10 years old? 

If I needed a new one how do I go about this? and keeping the same plan and phone number. 

Thanks for any help.  This needs to be resolved.  I found with my old flip phone I could not send photos either so maybe it is the Sim card. 

Thanks, 

Eva

6 REPLIES 6

Pulserrr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also make sure your VPN and other security is off while setting up your new phone for the first time. Make sure data is on. 

Pulserrr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is your Sim. New one is. Needed or esim for that phone will work. Try adjusting your Sim to Lte first. This worked for SMS ect. I also need new esim for 5g. Good luck! 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

To send/receive MMS you have to have DATA On. Use native texting app, not 3rd party.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a very similar problem recently. Turn your phone off take out the SIM. Then turn your phone back on. Then turn it off. Then place the SIM back in than turn it on again. 

I know this sounds ridiculous, but thisis exactly what I had to do and it worked fine afterward. I have alos in the past taken a sim from another phone and put it in my phone. Than removed that sim from my wifes phone and put mine back in and that has also worked. 

You could also do a hard reset see below directions. 

Step 1: Access Your Contacts

Access the contacts through your device's settings. You'll be able to see several options for your SIM card. 

Step 2: Click the "Reset" Option

Choose the "Reset" option. The device will show you several options to reset the SIM card. Tap on the "Reset All" option. Remember to back up your data before choosing. Otherwise, you'll lose all your contacts. 

Step 3: Clear the SIM Card 

Check to see if you still have messages and your call log. If not, select all the messages and calls to clear the SIM card. 

Napalm

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kona42 

It should not be a SIM card issue.  

Which model phone is your new phone?  Does everything else work?  ie. phone calls, data, regular SMS texts?

Maybe try a simple reboot of the phone.  Network reset of phone (ie. this will erase any saved Wifi settings)

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kona42 - It may be using MMS instead of RCS.

Please make sure both of the phones are up to date in software updates and change the MMS APN settings:

APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN Type: default,supl,mms
                            or             default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Also, if the phone is about 2015 ish age, then it may no longer have support for MMS capabilities.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/picture-messaging-updates

Need Help? Let's chat.