cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't receive iMessages

pigspiggin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I wasn't receiving texts from iphone users when I set up my new Android with a Public Mobile e-SIM. Turns out, this phone number was used by a former iphone user. I de-registered the number with Apple and it seems like imessages are now working. 

However, all of the imessages people would have sent me have not come through. I already contacted Apple, and they cannot retrieve those imessages. Is there anyway that Public mobile has those messages and can they be retrieved? Fingers crossed, because there may be lots of people feeling ignored :S. 

2 REPLIES 2

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think Public Mobile or Apple can not retrieve those messages. The messages has been received by the old Apple -account.

Is it a new account and a new number? I will recommend that you change the phone number to a new one, changing phone number is free of charge every 40 days.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@pigspiggin 

no, PM support cannot help.  The message were sent via iMessage initially and those are all "lost" on Apple system as the system thought that number still with iMessage.   Those messages were never sent via SMS

Need Help? Let's chat.