cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card won’t transfer to eSIM on new phone

Jason19771
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I I received a new phone from Apple, the Sim card won’t be accepted into the new phone and it won’t transfer to an eSIM card in the new phone. Any idea how to correct this?

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jason19771   When you say the sim card won't be accepted, what exactly happens?  Did they by chance send you a recent American iPhone which doesn't have a sim slot and is esim only?  If for some reason you have to go with esim then just download the Public Mobile app and purchase one.  I think they are still $5 @Chalupa_Batman or has that changed?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jason19771 the sim card still works on the old phone?? Check it first 

if it works on the old, try insert it again on the new one.  Make sure it is not putting in upside-down, don't laugh, it is a common mistake

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Jason19771 

Your Public Mobile SIM card should work just fine in your new Apple phone. You may just need to reboot. If you want to get an eSIM, you can purchase one for $10 through Public Mobile. But honestly, I wouldn't and I'd stick with your SIM card. If your SIM card is still not working in the new phone, are you sure you're putting it in correctly?

Need Help? Let's chat.