cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card phone number 1-778-xxxxxxx

Shasu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was with public mobile but my CC expired and I didn’t update info.

im in the process of purchasing a new phone.  Can I use the SIM card from my old phone to reactivate service.

14 REPLIES 14

@Joedag wrote:

I need a phone number I cannot dial out. Bell will not release it so I need a phone number.

HI @Joedag   is your account with Bell active?  there is no reason they won't release the number if it is active.  

Mind to explain?

@Joedag   So you are giving up for the porting request?

What you can do is to login to My Account, go to Profile page , and click change phone number:, then pick a new one from a city you want

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

Joedag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need a phone number I cannot dial out. Bell will not release it so I need a phone number.

hi @computergeek541   

I just updated my post to make the subject line changed.

actually, I think you did it for me. thanks

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Shasu   please remove your number!! this is a public forum

@esjliv @hTideGnow 

Unfortunately, replying to this thread has spread the phone number further. I have went through the thread and removed multiple copies of the phone number.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

6UV1. It's a Telus number though so maybe the OP could reclaim it.

Adding - for number

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

But since you put the number here, I checked for you and look like the number is no longer active on PM.  So, you will need a brand new sim card to activate a new account and get a new phone number

I checked too @hTideGnow , Public Mobile is having difficulty finding the phone number. Guess security risk is low if the number is deactivated?

@Shasu - I hope you were not connected to that phone number. How long ago did you have services? Just checking if this was a 90 day nonpayment situation or a chargeback on a credit card.

If chargeback on a card, you have reasons to contact Customer Support to inquire.

Have you tried calling the number to see if it was reassigned? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, how long ago did you last pay? Did it only just fail? Or has it been a while?

You can definitely use your old sim if the account has not been fully deactivated.

There are several methods to make the payment that will reactivate the service.

Adding - @hTideGnow - I forgot. Good thinking.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

But since you put the number here, I checked for you and look like the number is no longer active on PM.  So, you will need a brand new sim card to activate a new account and get a new phone number

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shasu - if your account has not been in suspended/nonpay status for over 90 days, then yes you can reactive/resume services. 

When you get your new phone, just remove the SIM card and move it into your new phone, voila! If the SIM card is a different size, you may need to remove the outer adapters to make it fit in your new phone, depending on what models you have.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shasu  You can also sign into your self serve account and update cc info make payment and reactivate 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1675108649862.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shasu  depends if the number is suspended only or deactivated 

if you have not been paying for long time, over 90 days after suspension, then NO, the account is deactivated and the sim card cannot be reused

But when you buy new CPO phone, it should come with a new sim card and you can use it to activate

or you can go to local Telus or Koodo store to get a new PM sim card. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Shasu This is a public forum, please edit your post (subject line) to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shasu  Yes you can , but you can also 611 with pm SIM card in it if you know the PIN number 

Need Help? Let's chat.