cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not delivered

cuji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a SIM card on August 9,2022 and as of today, August 31,2022, I haven’t received it or received an email about delivery.  The fee was paid by credit card so I know it was purchased.  What are the next steps to figure out when the SIM card will be shipped?  Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

jigarius
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think they meant "Did you get it now?"

@Bobogogo- ?? Set what? Did you order a sim from here?

Bobogogo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have same problem.  Do you set it now

@darlicious I have passed this along to the team. Thank you for sharing with Community!

@cuji  while you try to sort out the online order with PM, if you need one urgently,  chexk Amazon (only $7.99):

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-prepaid-postpaid-Activate-Allinone/dp/B06X9ZGDWG

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Wow the 30% rate hike I'm paying sure is giving me world class service! You need to update your information on find a store. As I called the first 14 listings in Toronto and eight of them have the phone number out of service 2 of them rang six times and disconnected 1 at TD center I could leave a message and they are in fact operating but currently closed for business today and lucky # 14 was the Koodo store at Scarborough Town center I called the store number but the kiosk answered and yes Public Mobile SIM cards can be purchased there for $10 plus tax.

@cuji 

If the Scarborough Town center Koodo kiosk which is open till 9:00 p.m. tonight is not convenient for you skip through the first 15 listings and start on #16 to see if they are in fact open and have Public Mobile SIM cards in stock or for sale or see if their phone number is even in service. Hope this helps you out.

Their phone number there is 1 416-290-0527 that's the retail store number but the kiosk answered the phone.

The salesperson who answered the phone at the Scarborough Town center Koodo kiosk was very friendly and helpful and did inform me that you can only purchase the Public Mobile SIM card you cannot activate it there you must do it online so good to know they gave good training to those employees.

Yeah the messaging is that corporate Telus and Koodo stores would have them. Lots of other retailers have all kinds of signage yelling Telus or Koodo. But you'll need to use the store locator at the bottom of this page to find the corporate ones. Unless you did. And they didn't have them. Which is just standard messaging around here. They should.

cuji

I'm in Toronto. 

cuji

I went to a Telus store here in Toronto and they don't have any.  They suggested purchasing online.  The transaction did go through but I didn't receive an order number nor email confirmation.  Very strange.  In the process of communicating with customer service...will let you know how that goes!

Either that or significantly improve their shipping times because to be blunt, they are pretty ridiculous

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

That's the bigger problem here thete really isn't very many alternatives to obtaining a Public Mobile SIM card especially if you're in the large swath of Canada that has no retail Telus or Koodo locations. That includes all of Canada's North, Labrador and PEI.

There are also very limited locations in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan and even Manitoba. With retail locations only located in the large populated areas like Winnipeg and Brandon in Manitoba, Regina and Saskatoon in Saskatchewan and Halifax in Nova Scotia.

Public mobile or rather parent company telus needs to rethink this new policy direction on limiting the availability of Public Mobile SIM cards.

@cuji 

Where are you located? If it's possible your best bet would be to purchase a Public Mobile SIM card from a Telus or Koodo corporate store. Make sure you call ahead to check if they have Public Mobile SIM cards in stock. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and go to the store locator where you can find out if there's a retail location near you to purchase a SIM card. Save the receipt and remit it for a credit on your account.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you searched this issue in the community, you will literally probably finds hundreds of threads. It has been a nightmare for awhile and only seems to be getting worse. Ppl keep saying 2-3 weeks but many are claiming the unit of measurement is now in months and is at least a month if not more, going forward for any sim card I would recommend any other alternative. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It usually takes 2-3 weeks for receive SIM from PM.

You can contact agent to find out at least if the shipped it or what status is.

cuji

Thanks.  Will give it a go.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cuji 

Time to contact customer support a replacement or a credit to your account. It sounds like it's MIA which is not unusual for public mobile shipping.

Add your order details of the email you used to order the sim card and your shipping address when you contact customer support.

Edit to add:

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Need Help? Let's chat.