cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not delivered since a week - Please Help!

PritishGarg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Its been a week since I purchased a SIM card. The card I ordered was to a temporary address and my address will change in 2 days. Could someone please help me track my order status or direct me to someone who can? And if and where can I request to change delivery address?

13 REPLIES 13

@PritishGarg wrote:

I have not received any message about the SIM being shipped yet. Which kind of implies that PM hasn't shipped yet? In any case, whom do I really contact about this - change address or even cancel the shipment? Is there an email id or phone?

Hi @PritishGarg Public Mobile would have sent you an email with this subject 

"A shipment from order XXXXXX is on the way".  Check you spam folder or promotions  folder.  It should be there.  When I ordered my sim card from Public Mobile, I got the email same day.  The problem is it took two weeks to arrive. lol  With Covid19, shipment could be more than that.  Anyway, once it's been shipped, no way to change address.

As already suggested above, your best bet is to ask Hampton Inn to keep any mail for you.  They might say no, so it might help to say "pretty please". 😁

Best wishes and Happy New Year.

RosieR

@PritishGarg wrote:

I have not received any message about the SIM being shipped yet. Which kind of implies that PM hasn't shipped yet? In any case, whom do I really contact about this - change address or even cancel the shipment? Is there an email id or phone?

Hello @PritishGarg , see the first responder to your post. @Triguy , who posted how to contact the Public Mobile moderators.

PritishGarg

@PritishGarg wrote:

there is no urgency. I just want to update my delivery address since I would be moving out of my current address in 2 days. And I have no idea how to do that.

Has the item already been shipped/did you already received an e-mail message advising you of that? The change could only be processed by Public Mobile if they haven't alerady sent the SIM card. 

If the package has already been shipped, whether a specific package can be redirected depends on the carrier used. If Public Mobile used Canada Post, it cannot be redirected as they do not offer that on a per shipment basis. Canada Post is required to deliver as addressed. In addition, there's no way to keep track of that if they sent the SIM card using lettermail service. Other carriers do sometimes offer redirection service but you need at least the tracking number. 

As for the Canada Post's forwarding services, that wouldn't be specific to this one package but would be set up for any mail sent to an address that has your name on it.

@PritishGarg wrote:

there is no urgency. I just want to update my delivery address since I would be moving out of my current address in 2 days. And I have no idea how to do that.

Follow @Triguy posting above to contact a moderator for an address change in case it has not yet been mailed out.

@PritishGarg wrote:

@PritishGarg I'm sure if you asked the hotel they would call you when it arrives. In the meantime just go buy one locally and save the ordered one for your first referral.

PritishGarg

PritishGarg

am staying in Hampton Inn at Caroga Drive, Mississauga. I have already paid for SIM card though.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@PritishGarg  Where are you? A member nearby may have a spare SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you decide to get forwarding make sure you check the dates, Canada Post made mistake and scheduled my move for 2040, i noticed I'm not getting anything for two weeks and only realised too late for very important parcel

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Maybe its too late, but if you need the SIM urgently, you might want to try going to a local Warlmart, they usually will give out SIM for free and assist setting up new accounts.    You can also try local Loblaw's or London Drug

Of you can try ordering from Amazon Prime if you have a Prime account, they will delivery with 2 days and with a more reliable tracking.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@PritishGarg it is typical for this period. Canada post is very busy, and it would take 2-3 weeks to receive a parcel.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It generally takes two to three weeks for delivery.

You could try contacting a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

You could try finding a local retailer.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator.  If you are in the GTA, you can order and pickup a sim from Canadiancellsupples.com

Need Help? Let's chat.