cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD not working

sambat7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched over from Telus the number transfer was approved by telus. 

Then I inserted the new public mobile sim card and I get emergency calls only showing. I have tried switiching on and off. taking out the sim card and re inserting and also manually choosing Public Mobile as my network. 

Could someone please check to see what is going on. 

My phone is a Huawai P20 and is compatible. 

9 REPLIES 9

Wow.. .Solo..I have totally forgotten its existence.   Why Bell killed Solo and then came back with Lucky couples years later... 

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

Lol....I ported from telus and freedom and I had full service as soon as I put the pm sim cards in the phone (s) and when helping others fido was the same on 3 occasions as well as koodo. Both times with virgin there was an issue with getting the account number from customer service because it's not listed in their online accounts if you are a prepaid customer.

I've helped someone port from Solo Mobile before (when it existed) and the account number was in the website's address bar for that prepaid account.  I suspect that BCE's other brands could be doing that as well.  It wasn't labeled as such in the address bar, but I later confirmed (after it was no longer needed) that numbers in the address bar were in fact the account number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Lol....I ported from telus and freedom and I had full service as soon as I put the pm sim cards in the phone (s) and when helping others fido was the same on 3 occasions as well as koodo. Both times with virgin there was an issue with getting the account number from customer service because it's not listed in their online accounts if you are a prepaid customer.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@darlicious wrote:

Actually telus is almost instantaneous....out of courtesy I might wait a half hou

Sounds like you are porting every week some numbers 😋

Usually for ordinary people it is once in a few years or less.😎

But thanks for clarification!

the Issue of the Week  is SIM provisioning.   In fact, I think it has been a common issue in the last 2 or even 3 weeks.  Does PM aware of that?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Bingo!

@sambat7 

Contact customer support as suggested. Put "sim card not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from the CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

@Meow 

Actually telus is almost instantaneous....out of courtesy I might wait a half hour after replying YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) for a port to complete and if it hasnt Im calling the telus porting department. Any of the major providers are pretty much ported within 5 maybe 10 minutes. It's the smaller providers that limited customer service hours, non standardized porting info etc.... that can delay a port or open up more possibilities for errors to occur.

Even when porting in outgoing services should be working on the sim card as well as data as long as the carrier profile/APN automatically populated the data settings. There should be no delay getting service if the sim card provisioned correctly at activation.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sambat7  - you should have some service working right away. Were you charged for the activation and your account is Active?

Check your Self Serve account to confirm it is ACTIVE, or try calling 611 from your device or call # 1-855-478-2542 from another device to check the status of your account.

Could be a delay in activation, if wouldn't be the first time, so a little time may resolve itself.

But, while you wait for CSA response, try performing a Reset of your Network Settings.

And reboot occasionally to try and trigger the network.

And confirm the phone is not blacklisted (probably not, but just to be sure): https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Porting is not instantaneous. It will take some time even within Telus family itself.

If you did everything as per book: initiated porting, left Telus SIM in a phone and replied Yes when received SMS from Telus then you just have to wait a bit.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sambat7   Wonder if you have another phone around to test the PM SIM?  Just want to confirm if it is a device issue or SIM/account

if you don't have a 2nd phone for the test or you got the same result, it could be a problem with SIM provisioning, please open  a ticket with PM Support  It should be a very quick fix:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.