cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 1 NOT ALLOWED

PK1010
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I got new phone Galaxy S24 Ultra,  my sim works fine on old phone but new one cant recognize the card, cant register on network. It says:  SIM 1 NOT ALLOWED

15 REPLIES 15

@PK1010  All carriers use eSIM but not all carriers support smart watch /Apple Watch I know Telus does thou . For the public mobile  app you get it from the App Store on your phone. 

@PK1010 

PM supports eSIM,

You can download Public Mobile app from Google app store.  

But why don't you try to call Samsung Canada and see if they can help? And call your seller?  

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PK1010 

Where did you get your device? If it's carrier locked it's not a Canadian phone. It's likely the seller knows that it's carrier locked and will likely be blacklisted next. I would return it if at all possible.

PK1010

App? where do I get it ? 

PK1010

do you know who supports esim ? 

@PK1010 unlike blacklisting where usually only one IMEI (sim slot) is locked, When a phone is locked, both physical sim and esim are locked.  You can spent $5 and try but I doubt it work.  So, better to get an unlock code

if you still want to go ahead and test with esim,  first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

@PK1010  Unfortunately PM doesn't support smart watch / Apple Watch . So eSIM or physical sim wont make any difference. As @softech  mentioned you phone is carrier locked you need to ask the carrier or Samsung or the seller to get it unlocked for you or take to shop and pay to have it unlocked 

PK1010

what about e-sim, i am not sure how it works, i need that for my watch as well, can I have an esim instead of sim card ? 

@PK1010 

as said, your code was carrier locked, either Samsung Canada can help or the seller has to contact the carrier where he/she got the phone from to get it unlocked for free

Of course, you can try local mobile store and pay for a carrier unlocked code

PK1010

did all that

@PK1010  Well if phone checks out and it’s not black listed maybe try reseting network settings 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PK1010 Your phone was carrier locked, something that PM cannot help with 

Usually you have to call the carrier where you got the phone from to get it unlocked,  but since it is a Samsung, you can try to call  Samsung Canada at  1-800-726-7864 for a master unlock code.

The only info you will need to provide is the IMEI and where the phone was purchased
(but if you bought it from private sell and the phone came from overseas, Samsung Canada might not be able to help either, then you have to ask your seller)

PK1010

phone is good, original Samsung Galaxy

PK1010

IT IS SECOND HAND, BUT WAS HARD RESET

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PK1010  Is the phone brand new or second hand ? If used first check 

Check

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | https:/

Need Help? Let's chat.