cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

Dave66
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I go to New York, USA, what will I need to use my phone?

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dave66 

You won’t be charged any roaming charges unexpectedly if you get a call like other carriers. Also, you can receive text from Canada but you can’t reply or make calls.

If you want service in the USA, you need to purchase a Roaming add-on for 15 days.

Other than that, you can use WhatsApp or TextNow for free wifi calling and texting.

HI @Dave66  let me know if you want to explore the eSIM option.  It is around $6 for 1GB, $13 for 3GB

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Dave66 wrote:

If I go to New York, USA, what will I need to use my phone?

Depending how many day you will be in New York. If you don't want data , you can choose $15 for 15 days for unlimited talk and text. Or you can choose $30 for 15 days for data, talk and text.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dave66  if you want to receive call when you are in US, you have to get at lesat roaming Talk & text

If you don't care to receive calls, just need to make calls in case you need, download VoIP app TextNow and call for free using Wifi or Mobile data

if you just need data, you can use Roaming or you can buy local data sim card.  Or if you have a newer phone with eSIM,  enroll those travelling eSIM.  Nice and easy

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dave66 No extra charges ever...just grab an add on.

2023-05-29 09_50_24-Window.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Dave66 

You will be able to receive texts for free while in the USA.  However, any other service requires purchasing a 15 days USA roaming add ons. 

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 3GB Data Bundle   $30

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle $15

250 MB Data   $10

1 GB Data  $20

3 GB Data   $25

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/roaming-add-ons

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dave66 

you can log in to your account to see and buy one of the 15 Day US Roaming talk/text/data options. Ranging from $15 to $30.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dave66  You need a US roaming add on from your my account $15 for 15 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.