cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam USA

nauticalman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a $30 add on for travel to USA. Everything worked except phone calls. The person I would call couldn't hear me. I tried over and over. Can I get a credit for this add on that didn't work properly?

5 REPLIES 5

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you sure the issue was your calling and not the other persons signal or device?

nauticalman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your input. I hope soon this will not be a issue in the future. Public Mobile should not offer this as a add on unless this will work.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nauticalman 

indeed, one of the downsides to US roaming is the fact that the USA has decommissioned the 3G network.

For folks who have VoLTE on their phone, this is not an issue, however unless your phone is capable on switching down to 2G otherwise, you will have reduced calling functionality there.

as mentioned on prior responses, customer support agents may likely be flexible with you on this.

Do us a favor, and let us know what they did, if you would.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @nauticalman 

which network you were using? Try both TMOBILE and AT&T.  With TMOBILE, try using 2G network.

And if you have data working, download VoIp app TextNow and use it to make calls until problem fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nauticalman  You have to ask support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.