cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward Data expired

nicholasbg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First of all, I understand that add on data expires now.

I redeemed rewards for 3GB data in November. This was before the data expired. In my email confirmation it even says "Add-ons will remain on your account until fully used". However, the data did expire (in fact, I didn't even finish some remaining data before the add on expired).

I didn't even notice that this happened until late December, when I ran out of data. With Christmas it was too busy to troubleshoot so I bought more data.

I believe since I got the 3GB and was told it wouldn't expire I should get that data back. I also think it's only fair that I be refunded for the extra data purchased.

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nicholasbg  I purchased some data in Oct and noticed the same thing in the email confirmation I received. 

Your add-on will be applied within 24 hours of redemption, and can be found in My Account.

Add-ons will remain on your account until fully used, with the exception of US roaming add-ons. See details    below.

When I checked the addon in the account I believe it shows a 30day expiration so it was confusing.  I didn't follow up so definitely contact CS Agent at this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to see if they'd give you back the credit or give you another data addon.

They should update their email confirmation to be consistent.  They changed this in Jul for goodness sake.

nicholasbg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry I didn't know about the July change. I assumed that data didn't expire yet since I didn't notice the change anywhere when redeeming the reward (I would never had redeemed 3GB) and the email did state that it never expired.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nicholasbg 

Since July 2023, Data add on expired after 30 days.  If your email stated otherwise, you should contact CSA.  YMMV.  

@nicholasbg wrote:

First of all, I understand that add on data expires now.

I redeemed rewards for 3GB data in November. This was before the data expired. In my email confirmation it even says "Add-ons will remain on your account until fully used". However, the data did expire (in fact, I didn't even finish some remaining data before the add on expired).

I didn't even notice that this happened until late December, when I ran out of data. With Christmas it was too busy to troubleshoot so I bought more data.

I believe since I got the 3GB and was told it wouldn't expire I should get that data back. I also think it's only fair that I be refunded for the extra data purchased.

Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunatley, domsetic data add-ons do expire after 30 days.   To discuss the erroneous information in the Public Mobile e-mail messsage, please open a ticket using the chatbot. 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If the chatbot gives an error message, send a private message to CS_Agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.