cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to public mobile

PaulYYT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I stupidly switched away from public mobile (flashy offer while I was tired).

I am trying to switch back, but it won't let me.

My phone number already exists in Public Mobile, but I can't login because account was cancelled.

Please help.

Please let me create account with phone number from my closed/transferred account. 

Paul

8 REPLIES 8

anthonyling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well. It's not hard to get a new sim card and port back your number to PM again. Good luck.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi Paul,

Just curious if you managed to get your account back. Hope it worked out.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PaulYYT wrote:

Yesterday I stupidly switched away from public mobile (flashy offer while I was tired).

My phone number already exists in Public Mobile, but I can't login because account was cancelled.

Please help.

Please let me create account with phone number from my closed/transferred account. 

Paul

That's a good one. What was that 'flashly offer' that turns out not so flashly if you don't mind? 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@PaulYYT 

I would contact mods and tell them that it was a mistake and beg them to take me back.

They have reinstated accounts in the past, really worth a try.

Welcome back to pm

Yes, since your account is closed, you already done porting

If you have done porting, at least it is good that your phone number is still with you on another provider.

You can come back to PM.  Just get a new SIM, reactivate the account and request porting again.  (You can't re-use your old PM SIM)

One more thing, not sure where you have gone and what plan you have picked, make sure with your current provider, you didn't sign up with any contract with a time there, like a year, and you can leave without penalty.

Lastly, if you do come back, make sure you take advantage of the recent promo.  Submit your email address and wait for the confirmation email before you activate, and also get a referral code from your friend. 

@PaulYYT 

The key question is whether you were successful in porting out of Public mobile.  Does your new carrier SIM card work?  If you were successful, your PM account is closed permanently.  Whatever rewards, available balance would be gone. Your number should be with new carrier.  

You could port back to Public mobile, but you would need to buy a new SIM card and start a new account.  There is a flash promotion right now with 2nd month free.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-w...

Here is some more information about the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PaulYYT wrote:

Please help.

Paul

If you ported your old PM number to new provider...your old PM account is now closed. You'll need a new sim to start up a new account.

Welcome back.

edit...you'll also need a different email address as well. If using gmail you can use an alias.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PaulYYT 

If you already forwarded (ported) your number to the new carrier, your public mobile account is permanently deactivated.

If you did not Port your number, the choice you have to make is whether or not to accept a port request from your new carrier, but then you'll be out whatever you may have paid to set up the new service.

Need Help? Let's chat.