cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting refund

nagireddykanala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I activated account with public mobile on 30 Dec 2022. I am not at all satisfied with their services and would like to get a complete refund as I have used only 4 days now. 

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nagireddykanala 

Well you got lots of good discussion as to your options, but no direction on how to proceed.

With the above information, contact a customer support agent and see where you can get.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

minkim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am sorry to hear that. I have been using public mobile for 2 and half years. But no complaints.

Hope you can get a refund. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo

There is no device subsidy and only a 30 day contract that is not subject to an early cancellation fee so there is no trial period that would apply to prepaid services. By nature prepaid service has no contractual obligations beyond the 30 day service period. There is an expectation that a prepaid provider actually provides the service to the customer. The customer also has an obligation to inform their provider if there is a problem with their service so that the provider is given an opportunity to remedy the problem.

Early cancellation fees – General

1. If a customer cancels a contract before the end of the commitment period, the service provider must not charge the customer any fee or penalty other than the early cancellation fee. This fee must be calculated in the manner set out in sections G.2 and G.3 below.
  2. When calculating the time remaining in a contract to determine the early cancellation fee, a month that has partially elapsed at the time of cancellation is considered a month completely elapsed.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dust2dust   i got the quote from Postpaid versus prepaid services | CRTC  it mentions nothing about trials, so not sure what is out of context.

in the end it will be the CSA agent the customer contacts who will make the ultimate decision as we all know.

@mimmo   I think you have put enough fuel for someone to start a formal complaint  LoL

mimmo

@softech it was from the prepaid section user rights, I infer contract in this sense I pay PM thus they are under "contract" to give me 30 days of service.    unless there is a different type of prepaid service which i am unfamiliar with

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo- Not applicable to this service. IMNSHO

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/period.htm

As the saying goes, you took your quote out of context.

"If you have a contract with an early cancellation fee, you have a trial period." And:

"i. When a customer agrees to a contract through which they are subject to an early cancellation fee,".

There's no cancellation fee here so none of this applies. It could be argued that this is a 30 day contract, but there's no cancellation fee.

@mimmo   this term is not for service like that, it is more to protect those who activated with a phone, with a contract.   So,I don't see it will apply to PM at all

mimmo

I'm going to be contrary to the above. yes in general PM is no refunds, but since you are just activated but you might be entitled to a refund,  there is a refund clause in the crtc guidelines, that states:

•  to cancel your contract and return your phone at no cost, within 15 calendar days and if you have not used more than half of the usage specified in your monthly plan limits, if you are unhappy with your service

how this will is interpreted i guess is the big question, as it mentions phone, contract etc..

@darlicious   do you have any experience in these type of situation?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nagireddykanala  sorry PM is prepaid provider, no refund 😞

you have only used it for 4 days, may I know what make you not happy with the service?  Maybe we can help out or explain?

if you want to leave PM, you can either port out your number before end of your current 30 days cycle (Jan 28) or you have to disable  your Pre-authorized payment on My Account.  

You can port out your number and your account will be closed once the porting is completed

if you don't need to port out the number,. then you have to login to My Account and disable Pre-authorized payment.  Yes.  when you joined, PM already enabled Pre-authorized payments.  Make sure you disable it.  PM will then won't be able to renew your account on Jan 29 and you account will be suspended.  90 more days, your account will be formally closed 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nagireddykanala 

Sorry there are no refunds for prepaid mobile services. I don't recommend abusing a credit card issuer's chargeback program either when you haven't attempted to contact pm in regards to what has led to your dissatisfaction. Perhaps if you explain in detail what part of the service you are unhappy with we can help fix it or direct you to customer support with  the info you need to have the issue resolved.

covid191
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@nagireddykanala there is no refund , sorry !

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@nagireddykanala 

Sorry PM is a prepaid service and there's no refunds.

You might have better luck doing a charge back with your credit card company, if that's how you paid.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nagireddykanala @It’s a pre paid service so unfortunately there is no refund , just use your plan for the 30day cycle and change Carriers before your renewal if you still not satisfied or else you lose all the service you paid for on dec 30/2022

Need Help? Let's chat.